Thread: This Is Why We Need To Be Re-Educating Surfers...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

This Is Why We Need To Be Re-Educating Surfers...

Signup Information:
    Time: 2007-02-22 03:26:34 PM
    Cancel Date: 2007-02-22 03:28:51 PM
    Cancel Reason: Not satisfied with content

According to this particular member, it took an entire 2 minutes and 20 seconds to go through almost 1000 movie scenes, and well over 100,000 image sets to decide he wasnt satisfied with the content inside the side :eek:

Now, taking in to account the amount of time it actually takes to login to the site, find the cancel link and actually cancel his membership, this guy did just that within 2 minutes.

Upon a closer look, the guy didnt even login in to the members area BEFORE deciding he didnt like the content :eek:

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Maybe the wife found out.

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

content

Maybe it was the wife..and the husband found out.

Here is an odd one...

A member of a site we manage asked we add a 2nd processor to the site instead of just CCbill.

Reason...he did a chargeback on the site in the past and CCbill will not let him rejoin.

What do customers think????
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Upon a closer look, the guy didnt even login in to the members area BEFORE deciding he didnt like the content :eek:
    Many surfers dont want the full membership option. Thats why trials suck as bad as they do. Id bet many memberships are cancelled before they even enter. The reason is odd. I do this and usually choose "just moving on".

Maybe that surfer is so used to being ripped off that he/she chose that option out of habbit.

If thats true then its webmasters that need the re-eductating (actually i think that we cause 99.9% of the industries problems).

Quote Originally Posted by steven619 View Post
    Maybe it was the wife..and the husband found out.

Here is an odd one...

A member of a site we manage asked we add a 2nd processor to the site instead of just CCbill.

Reason...he did a chargeback on the site in the past and CCbill will not let him rejoin.

What do customers think????

Thats shocking! Maybe the chargeback was genuine, there are a few reasons why it may be. I doubt it though!

Making Pain Pay!
    Maybe he just wanted to cancel before he forgot to and got re-billed. His membership is still good for however long the initial period is for...so he probably intends to just download everything over the next few days.

I have done that myself before, but I dont usually select "not satisifed with content" for the reason.

Sounds like an argument for DRM to me.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Sounds like an argument for DRM to me.
    Not sure what DRM is? What is it?

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Maybe that surfer is so used to being ripped off that he/she chose that option out of habbit.
    S'what I was thinking. So much cynical buzz going around that's not unthinkable.

padabum
    same thoughts here... surfers CANT be re-educated... only webmasters can. the more information you gather about your surfers the better. What content do they like, dislike? what are they willing to pay for good content?

if you want to re educate the surfer... he is gone... there are loads of sites out there waiting to take over your members. if a trial membership doesnt pay for you...well then dont offer it.

how many site owners try to rip off by autmated upsells and so on? if a surfer gets ripped off once he wont let that happen a second time and cancel before getting a rebill.

same thing even happened to me once.... i bought a ugas and automatically got caught in their platinum, although i instantly cancelled the platinum the minute i joined i got one rebill... i will never ever buy ugas again.

offer the surfer in the mamber area what you promise outside. give it to them for a reasonable price and they will pay for it. at least thats our experience...

Making Pain Pay!
    Not sure what DRM is? What is it?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Rights_Management

It seems on this board that not a lot of people are in favor of it, but we use it very sucessfully on our www.TropixxxTv.com site. Our re-bills are high, in part I think, becasue we do use it.

Our other site www.TropixxxVIP.com does not use it, and I am seeing the pattern of people join for a month, download everything, cancel. Wait 4-5 months, rejoin, then download all the new stuff and cancel again. At TropixxxTv.com, once you cancel your membership, you can no longer watch any of the movies you have downloaded. You are RENTING them, rather than buying them. It is a limited license if that makes sense.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

sure surfers could be re-educated BUT only if sites stop annoying and ripping them off. considering the huge number of sites that grossly exaggerate the amount or quality of their content, don't update at all or are 100% plugins, i don't think the surfers are wrong not to trust adult sites.

btw, we have lots of guys cancel before they enter. they say they don't want to pay extra for a non-rebilling membership but they want to be sure not to be rebilled. the guy probably clicked the reason without noticing what it said.

wnc
    Many surfers dont want the full membership option. Thats why trials suck as bad as they do. Id bet many memberships are cancelled before they even enter. The reason is odd. I do this and usually choose "just moving on".
    I think that is the true issue. There are many paysites out there promising the world but offering images or plugins they could find elsewhere. Disappointment may be the word describing the current surfer, having been abused, battered by pop-ups and now not trusting the recurring model.

I just did a quick overview of my affiliate stats:

In January 43% opted for a 30-day trial and 48% were converted
    36% selected the higher priced single month
    20% signed up with sites offering short term trials and 100% canceled

In December 64% went for the single month
    and 21% opted for a 30 day trial and 60% was converted

Bottom line is that many surfers are now selecting the single month option and it seems a trend that those sites that offer 3-7 day trials are just giving away their content.

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by wnc View Post
    Bottom line is that many surfers are now selecting the single month option and it seems a trend that those sites that offer 3-7 day trials are just giving away their content.
    Because webmasters offer it. I dont believe there is a major difference in ratios for with and without trials. So why offer it?

wnc
    Because webmasters offer it. I dont believe there is a major difference in ratios for with and without trials. So why offer it?
    I am writing about my affiliate income.

Gosh with my trends, should stop siging up for the 50% recurring model, grabbing the big bucks for a trial... but I prefer listing sites that would be enjoyable by my surfer traffic, and I believe in them enough that I would wish to share the recurring.

For the few that offer a short week or less trial, the program owners will be raped via broadband. I think all trials should be 30 days now. When I earn $2.08 for Lucas Entertainment for a two day trial - well, rest assured they will soon be removed.

AM I A BAD AFFILATE for removing? No, it is a paysite that needs major work and wasting premium space.