Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fox Gay Reality Show...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

New Fox Gay Reality Show...

Gay Army

Coming soon to a Fox channel near you

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Personally I am insulted, and creating a show to make fun of gay people and running it on network TV is shameful. If they wanted to ask someone to be in the “Gay Army” to go against the Reg Army I wish they would have asked ME instead of finding drag queens and using them to make fun of our community.

See this goes back to the whole Gay Pride Parade stuff that I hate so much, because of some of the same reasons I hate this show. But unlike the Gay Pride Parade where we do this to ourselves, now Fox is doing it too us. Does this now change your opinion of what image we should be putting forward. :sleepy:

maxpower
    The more I think about it the more this pisses me off, can you imagine if they went to a inter city found some Black HS drop outs then sent them to Math Camp to make fun of their intellect. :shitpoke:

Making Pain Pay!
    Although this show has not been picked up by Fox, you kind of expect that it will.

Take a look at Prison Break, one of their hits. Does it suprise you that the evil character behind it all is a woman president who kind of looks like Hillary?
    A form of not so subtle subliminal campaigning.

Whoever created this show chose the people they chose to create a visual appeal and conflict so that it would be "fun to watch". They could have chosen any number of real veterans (like myself) who are openly gay and would go kick some ass.

Does it offend me? No.
    Why? For the same reason it does not offend me to see that idiot in Kansas with his "God Hates Fags" signs and picketing funerals, etc.

The type of people that listen to a pastor like him, or would watch a show like that are the same type of people that shop at stores that end in -Mart. You don't change people like that, so why even try...and why let it bother you.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Personally I am insulted, and creating a show to make fun of gay people and running it on network TV is shameful. If they wanted to ask someone to be in the “Gay Army” to go against the Reg Army I wish they would have asked ME instead of finding drag queens and using them to make fun of our community.
    I found this whole thing to be offensive. I'm not that thin skinned. I always found "Men On" no In Living Color to be very funny. I can laugh at stereotypical characters like in The Birdcage and even Revenge of the Nerds. Sometimes a stereotype can be funny if you are laughing at the stereotype and not the person behind it. But this was not even close. This Gay Army is nothing but an attack on us and getting humor at our expense.

See this goes back to the whole Gay Pride Parade stuff that I hate so much, because of some of the same reasons I hate this show. But unlike the Gay Pride Parade where we do this to ourselves, now Fox is doing it too us. Does this now change your opinion of what image we should be putting forward. :sleepy:
    Oh don't get me started. I proudly march every year in LA and Long Beach pride parades with my brothers in the LA boys of Leather and the LA Leather community. Don't you dare tell me that I don't have the right to march.

And if it wasn't for the drag queens you'd still have to hide your homosexuality for fear of being thrown in jail. Those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it. Next time you're renting movies, look up a documentary on the Stonewall Riot and learn why you have the freedoms that you do.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

maxpower
    I never said you should not march man, or trying to belittle anyone efforts, but representation in these events is not very flattering or representative of our community as a whole. Where I have NP with the diverse community we live in, I think glorifying some of the fringe groups does help with desisting others, but NOT sure this is really getting us anyplace, and can easily be used to hurt us much more than any help it does offer.

This is just my opinion, but some better spin is much needed.

So what you're saying is that we should all march in the pride parade in sweaters and dockers, with a local high school band playing instead of thumping disco tunes and try to pretend that all gay people are no different than the right wing middle Americans who we're trying to impress. What if we did that and it succeeds. What if mainstream America accepts gay people if they think we're all like them? They might accept those that really do live a more mainstream life and hide their sexuality away act very conservative but then the people who really do exist in those "fringe groups" could be subject to even more violence. Do you really want to live in a world where people say "we accept you, as long as you keep your icky gay lifestyle out of our faces". I'm sorry, if you want me, you get all of me or nothing. If you want my conservative gay fathers, then you get my drag queens, leather daddies, bull dykes on bikes, art fags, gay skins, rugby players, soldiers, fats, femmes, bears, bi's, transsexuals, etc, etc, etc, etc, etcs.

We are every color of the rainbow and that rainbow flag has just as much a right to fly high as any other flag.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

maxpower
    I am not saying any of these groups should not be represented, well maybe a few should not. Gay Guys that like to have sex dressed a clowns should say home. :joker:

I am saying these group should take a back seat, to Gay Fathers, people that work helping other with HIV infection, and other better example of the community we should be putting much more of a spot light on.

We have to be about the most hatted groups in the world, and I think basically helping make the arguments against us might not be the best idea

maxpower
    I really do get your point man, and would never want to throw some groups to the wolfs, but might it to be better to Spin things in a positive way on our on behalf. Instead of doing the opposite for entertainment value :turddance:

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    That's not funny though.

I generally ignor max because I think he's a stupid twat.

well no, I KNOW he's a stupid twat, I ignore him becuase it's fun.

However, Max... if you want the parade to represent who you are, you have to show up.

this means that a gay metal head biker such as myself needs to hop on his motorcycle with all his motorcycle friends, throw on a slayer T-shirt and ride in the parade.

The news stations won't show me, but I'll have done my part.

Maybe you could do that too.:luke:
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    I generally ignor max because I think he's a stupid twat.

well no, I KNOW he's a stupid twat, I ignore him becuase it's fun.

However, Max... if you want the parade to represent who you are, you have to show up.

this means that a gay metal head biker such as myself needs to hop on his motorcycle with all his motorcycle friends, throw on a slayer T-shirt and ride in the parade.

The news stations won't show me, but I'll have done my part.

Maybe you could do that too.:luke:
    You ignore me because it's fun? Well we defiantly have different definitions of FUN that's for sure.

You are right about a part of the problem being the media only wanting to show the most outrageous and self destructive examples they can find. What I am saying is this is a GAY event we control it, do we not think putting more light on positive examples in the community, all be it less entertaining would be best for a majority of us.

Yes I can see how guys that like to have sex with watermelons might not get the representation they want, but should we not be trying harder to set better examples that show we are more that a group of people who’s only priority is to get acceptance for their own personal fetishes.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    It's really NOT funny. What's next, Native Americans competing against each other in a show called WARPATH or something? To me it looks as slimey as those shows that used to count on a contestant's inner-whore so that he or she would cheat on their significant other or cozy up next to a person because they think the person has money.

It's really sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    You ignore me because it's fun? Well we defiantly have different definitions of FUN that's for sure.

You are right about a part of the problem being the media only wanting to show the most outrageous and self destructive examples they can find. What I am saying is this is a GAY event we control it, do we not think putting more light on positive examples in the community, all be it less entertaining would be best for a majority of us.

Yes I can see how guys that like to have sex with watermelons might not get the representation they want, but should we not be trying harder to set better examples that show we are more that a group of people who’s only priority is to get acceptance for their own personal fetishes.
    The circus has clowns running around, the superbowl has the guys with the painted faces and stupid hats and women wrapped in every kind of team paraphernalia you can think of. Why can't we have our drag queens, glamour boys, metalheads and leather daddies? This is our version of fun and outrageousness. And we should be able to celebrate it as much as they do.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

blumblumshub
    Makes me scared of what comes next, really. This is surely one of the most berating shows ever made.

It's like the one where several men were striving for the affections of a woman, only to find out afterwards that she was a transexual. Just not needed on tv at all.

Is this the kind of thing that will bring the ratings up? If so, it saddens me.