Thread: New Season Of Q.A.F On Showtime Tonight

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Yeah New Season Of Q.A.F On Showtime Tonight

10pm on Showtime - Queer As Folk.

Anyone going to be tuning in?

I know i will be i love this series, the original English versions are better though

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I've never actually seen the show. But I've seen pictures of the actors from it and stuff.

I think what's his face... Charlie Hunnam? Or something? The one that plays the blond twink in the English version.

He's way way cuter than the one who plays the blond twink in the American version.

my 2 cents

AusCoding Allan
    Don't know what series we are up to in Aus but it shows on free to air tv (as do most of our shows) on SBS Monday Nights.

10:30 I think.

Allan

Jasun
    Apparently, if you know just where to freeze frame the DVD of the first season, you can make out either the back of my head, my arm, my leg or video of me dancing REALLY BAD in about 12 places.

I had been called and asked if I was interested in going down for what they told me was a "Bar Scene" by a friend of a friend who worked for a comapny that supplied extras for TV and film. I wore what I'd wear to a "Bar", namely a black t-shirt and a pair of jeans, only to find out what they meant was a "Club" and not a "Bar".

Idiots.

I can't dance for shit, and looked ridiculous amongst all the fashion-victims there, but they kept putting me in front of the camera with my back to it so they could get shots of my tattoos, and then used them as stock footage for the whole first season. I only saw about 15 minutes of the first episode, but i still managed to pick myself out.

I really liked the British series, but the American series didn't appeal to me at all.

Oh, but when I worked at a record store here in Toronto a couple of years ago, I had the dubious honour of being the staff contact when the cast came to sign autographs. Some of them couldn't be nicer, but the two of them were lucky I didn't punch their teeth in... What a bunch of jerks.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    So who were the jerks, Jasun? I gotta know! LOL

I enjoyed the UK version too. I only got to see the first season and then it was cut from the PBS line-up.

I actually had no intention of watching this version but when I saw Sharon Gless was in it, I had to give it a chance. She's been a favorite actress of mine since Cagney and Lacey.

And like most other serial type shows I got stuck. LOL

GA

Jasun
    I don't know what his name is on the show, but in real life his name is Gale Howard or something. The only reason he didn't walk out of there with two black eyes and two less teeth is that I liked the job too much. He spent the entire time spitting orders at everybody and complaining about everything. He'd refuse to speak to when asked a question, but would turn to one of the other cast members and say something obnoxious about the person asking the question.
    Every time anybody said anything, he'd just roll his eyes.

One thing he DID say to me was about how he'd only sign copies of the DVD, and he wasn't going to sign anything else. I told him that Universal had been telling the fans that they could bring anything to sign, magazines, autograph books, CDs, posters, but if he didn't want to he could just not sign them. "Yeah, but then I'll just look like an asshole", he barked at me. "You're not used to that by now?" I asked.

The rest of the cast could barely keep their laughs in.

Honestly, the only other one was the younger blonde one who although wasn't a jerk, was either really shy and quiet or just thought that I was a bit too beneath him to speak directly to me. Oh well, the rest of them really couldn't have been nicer.

TopBucks_Juan
    I think that which ever show you have seen first weather the british version or the US verson that will be the one you like the most. Because I started watching of course the US version and then tried to watch the British version and it really didn't do anything for me. I actually felt even thought they both have the same story line the british version was very choppy. And who can understand those british folks anyways. Love ya Lee!!