Thread: Members Area Graphics For Upsells Etc..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Members Area Graphics For Upsells Etc..

I was just wondering if anyone had noticed any differences between using regular sized buttons/banners (468x60, 120x60) inside members areas when it came to upsells versus odd-sizes 100x100, 115x115 etc?

For the last 18 months ive been using odd sizes (100x100) and am reasonably happy with the results ive seen but was considering changing to standard 120x60 buttons instead to see how that affected upsell ratios inside the members area.

I wondered if anyone had tried different sizes on their upsell creatives and if so, did you notice one size that performed better than another?

Also, had you noticed whether static or animated creatives pulled more clicks/sales from your upsells?

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Here comes my standard response for banners size questions... why so small? I realize these are upsell buttons/banners and you probably want them to be somewhat discrete. But 120x60 or 100x100 buttons are so tiny. I would suggest trying some larger vertical banners... maybe in the area of 120x160 or a little larger.

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Here comes my standard response for banners size questions... why so small? I realize these are upsell buttons/banners and you probably want them to be somewhat discrete. But 120x60 or 100x100 buttons are so tiny. I would suggest trying some larger vertical banners... maybe in the area of 120x160 or a little larger.
    must say i agree.. if you want to do upsells why not do it wholeheartedly and give the surfers a better chance to see what you want them to buy as add ons insted of making them squint to see what it is ?

now we are at it, what is a good upsell convertion ratio ? i understand results may not be equal across the boards etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Actually, it has nothing to do with being discrete LOL

The reason a member comes back to a paysite is because it looks full of content, adding smaller sized creatives for the upsells give the page they are being displayed on a 'full' feeling, despite the fact they are upsells, in the members mind, it is still content.

A page packed with 10 or so smaller graphic upsell buttons is going to be perceived as 100 times better than apage packed with 3 or 4 large creatives linking to upsells

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Actually, it has nothing to do with being discrete LOL

The reason a member comes back to a paysite is because it looks full of content, adding smaller sized creatives for the upsells give the page they are being displayed on a 'full' feeling, despite the fact they are upsells, in the members mind, it is still content.

A page packed with 10 or so smaller graphic upsell buttons is going to be perceived as 100 times better than apage packed with 3 or 4 large creatives linking to upsells

Regards,

Lee
    do you have numbers to back this up or is it just your perseption of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    do you have numbers to back this up or is it just your perseption of this ?
    I have data to back it up, meaning that busy looking pages are much better than bulked out ones in terms of pure retention

Regards,

Lee