Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Are House Prices Like Near You?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Are House Prices Like Near You?

Gary and I are considering doing some property investing early next year and wondered right now what the average price of a 4 bed, 2 bath, 2car home is in a nice area near you?

Right now by us we'd be looking at spending around $650k on the river.

Im just trying to get some comparisons across the country.

Regards,

Lee

sXeRyan
    Depending on the neighborhood - between $280-$500 out here in Phoenix. I recommend near the new Glendale Arenas as their property values are about to explode with all of the new high end shopping and not to mention the Super Bowl next year.

But that's just my $0.02. (I'm also a Realtor wink wink)

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    prices for homes here in San Francisco are absolutely ridiculous. i looked at a 2 bed/2 bath, 1 car garage built in 1915. they were asking $1.3 million
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Not quite as bad here in the Sac suburbs. 3000 sqft houses range from about $600-900K, 1500-2000 sqft houses ~450-600K

Quote Originally Posted by sXeRyan View Post
    (I'm also a Realtor wink wink)
    So is the hubby

Regards,

Lee

blumblumshub
    Not telling you, you might be my neighbour!

marcjacob
    I guess you couldnt less about UK prices but.. around here (north east England) its 100k-150k in £. Double that to get the $ price. In southeast your talking 200k average and in London 300-400k min for anything half decent.

I guess London is a great investment as prices rise so fast and there are loads of rich investment bankers to pay the prices.

I allways thought the USA had lower house prices.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i know a 6 bedroom , 2 1/2 bath , 2 car garage with a 15' x 15' livingroom will cost 2.4 million , but it's probably because i want a fireplace built of lavarock which does not come "standard" with most homes in hawaii.

sincerely ~ ..."lava flows are not covered in home owner's fire insurance"... :fool:

p.s ~ the above applies to new construction , you could probably find something cheaper but then your dealing with repairs and it may be located in a bad area.

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Around here it really depends on the quality of the house, and the area. In a northern familly oriented burb, you can get a new home here with 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, about 3200 square feet, for I would sayd $175-225k

In the upscale areas, same house would be around 600 or so i would say.

If you are looking to flip houses, I had an old boss that was selling a flipable house that he didn't have time to flip, it was in an up and coming area, it was 6 bedrooms, with maids quarters, 3 floors, and about 5k square feet, and he was selling it for 150, but it needed about 100k in work, but could have been resold for around 450-500. It really depends on what you are looking for, just a general idea of a 4 bedroom house can vary alot. Example, i think you can get a 4 bedroom double wide brand new for under 50. :sunny:

sXeRyan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    So is the hubby

Regards,

Lee
    What kind of salesman would I be I didn't try

Sana Chan
    Here in TN it just depends on how much land comes with the house. You could have a trailer on a few acres to make it as much as a 4 bed house in the city.

So between $89-$300k. Yay for farms

Madame0120
    It is as always Location location location.

10 years ago we bought our 1921 3BR 2 Bath for 30K and it has doubled in value. Most of the Homes in our neighborhood (the 1st development in the city) range from pre-income-tax mansions to small homes like ours, coverted carriage houses. Ours has 2 additions, 1940 and cira `70.

In the other areas of the city, not including the small slum called East Side, you could find a very nice home with a pool or other extra aminelties, for around 150-175K.

The neighborhood that was rebulit after the `73 tornado all sell around the 80-90K.

Now I know, shopping for a house anyplace like Phoenix, or Vegas woudn't ever get me the kind of deal we found here, in this mid sized city .. but I did learn that if you are looking for value and cost of overhead, start looking at any listings that have single bathrooms.

There seems to be an overabundace in many cities of single Family homes, built in the era of sharing - and only have one bathroom. They are the most difficult for the agent to sell .. and are more likely to include some very "creative finiancing".

desslock
    Lots of Californians are moving to Austin. And compared to Florida.... well you won't need to buy hurricane insurance for starters. Here is an excellent run down of the real estate demographics in the Austin/Round Rock area reported as of 2006. Home prices here are stayed about the same or climbed a little higher since last year. Remember too in Texas we don't have a state income tax... so you get some reflection of that in the property taxes.

This is an interesting report despite the fact that it was complied by Aggies.

http://recenter.tamu.edu/mreports/AustinRRock.pdf

The Austin Real Estate Blog reports this week:
    http://www.escapesomewhere.com/austinblog/

"The January stats for the Austin Real Estate Market are out. Not surprisingly median prices were up 5 percent from this time last year going from $166,050 to $175,000. The average price went from 226,167 in January 2006 to 242,718 in January 2007.

The number of houses on the market was down 3 percent from 7143 to 6956. This is part of the problem we have been facing recently. There are not alot of properties on the market. This is especially true in central Austin. With alot of people looking at the same properties we have been seeing more multiple offer situations. In fact, our last 3 contracts have all been multiple offer situations. Personally I like it when the market is kind of calm."

Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    Lots of Californians are moving to Austin. And compared to Florida.... well you won't need to buy hurricane insurance for starters.
    The problem is, you also cant buy Redneck insurance

Regards,

Lee

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The problem is, you also cant buy Redneck insurance

Regards,

Lee
    Austin doesn't really have that many rednecks. It is one of the best cities in this country as far as living, entertainment, and people.