Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Registerfly CEO allegedly being nabbed by FBI for CP

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Former Registerfly CEO allegedly being nabbed by FBI for CP

For those of you who haven't been following the meltdown of Registerfly (a domain registrar), it now seems that Kevin Medina, the former CEO of Registerfly, is allegedly being accused of possession of CP, according to this article

(see the "Legal Matters" paragraph)

I don't think anyone knows what's true or not true, and who is in the right or who is in the wrong with the Registerfly mess, but the allegations against Medina are getting pretty crazy. One story allegedly has it that Medina is gay, and one of the other principals is his ex-lover of 11 years, and a messy breakup in which Medina left his lover for an 18 year old kid was the start of the Registerfly problems.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I consideres RegisterFly when starting regging .CNO's a while ago but I went with Namecheap then.

Thanks for the heads up, Chip

DEV...
    :-D

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Interesting, i know registerfly has recently had some issues with ICANN too.

Regards,

Lee

they had an article on xbiz the other day - lemmy find it

Here it is

Interesting to see how long it will take to see them sink.

Anybody here still has some domains with registerfly?

i know registerfly has been having a lot of drama lately, but the article reminds me of when someone (most of us figure michael cohen) posted something very similar about gary, the then-owner of sex.com and it wasn't true.

who is registerflies.com? as far as i can tell, they are an entire site dedicated to having a grudge against registerfly, which might not make them the most reliable source.

Here's the ICANN PDF document sent to registerfly.com --> CLICK

This is as reliable as it gets

I always recommend domainshack.com which is an enom reseller. Eric, the guy that runs it, has repeatedly gone out of his way to help me and my clients whenever there are issues. Plus the pricing is great at just $8.95/yr. And as its all backed by enom, you know you are getting a solid quality registrar.

cheers,
    Luke

reading thru that ICAAN doco it looks like it all comes down to money problems

"Specifically, (REDACTED) provided ICANN with copies of emails to Mr. Medina that indicated that 592 transfers were failing due to Registerfly's insufficient funding of its (REDACTED) account" and "Registerfly’s failure to properly fund its Registry Accounts places its customers at risk of losing the Registered Names the customers paid for. Indeed, Registerfly customers self-report that such instances have already occurred."

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar
    Man it just smells like a setup to me ~ powerful people with money fighting a battle couple of them got together and prolly provided just what was needed to get him out of their way ugly but it does happen !!
    I hope for his sake hes innocent!

yes, but although i only read some of it, so far it seems to be all business and makes no claims regarding any sexual misconduct of the CEO.

is there such a reference in that document or is it all about how registerfly does busness?

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Here's the ICANN PDF document sent to registerfly.com --> CLICK

This is as reliable as it gets

The key word here is "allegedly". People will be quick to jump the gun and look poorly on anyone who's had accusations made at them without knowing the full story. I'm not saying this guy is innocent but what happens when one guy in this community wants to damage the reputation of another. Oh, so and so is into CP. My brother knows his sister who sleeps with his gardener who's married to his housekeeper who saw it on his computer.

You gotta be careful about judging people before they come to trial.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    The key word here is "allegedly". People will be quick to jump the gun and look poorly on anyone who's had accusations made at them without knowing the full story. I'm not saying this guy is innocent but what happens when one guy in this community wants to damage the reputation of another. Oh, so and so is into CP. My brother knows his sister who sleeps with his gardener who's married to his housekeeper who saw it on his computer.

You gotta be careful about judging people before they come to trial.
    I could never hope to match your elegant words :gossip: but yet what he said!!

DonMike you should write books!! :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by procam View Post
    I could never hope to match your elegant words :gossip: but yet what he said!!

DonMike you should write books!! :thumbsup:
    Heh heh, thanks procam. I am actually working on my memoirs, but it's a long process. I love to write, I actually have a minor in English writing from college. It's a passion.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I wish I had the attention span to sit down and write ~ my life story would most likely be a best seller if I could get it all on paper OMG :innocent: