Thread: Do you create project plans?

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar

Do you create project plans?

The other day Lee asked about deadlines and what we do to achieve them/survive them.

I was wondering about the bigger picture.

I know when I first started a simple ‘things to do list’ and a deadline was ok. But today with so many things going on here I find myself with reports, timelines, accountability, SWOTS and more. Not that I shouldn’t be doing this, I believe it’s a must for what’s coming up. But I find a number of people who work from home, or for them selves, believe they don’t need to.

Do you create a formal project plan? Is it important to your ‘big picture’?

I’m off to work on the newest plan LOL

My best,
    Gary-Alan

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Yes Gary, I do have a time-line with goals. It's actually written on a big dry erase board right by my desk.
    Granted there are all kinds of things written on it. If I don’t write things down I will forget them, and at the last minute someone will ask me about them and it dawns on me “Oh Sh*t! You forgot something again you dumda*s!”

Now that we hired the new sales person and the new webmaster though I don’t always have to remember every little thing. They are very skilled and seem to read my mind when it comes to things I want done. :groovy:
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

sometimes i do...

Bell
    Last edited by Bell; 04-19-2004 at 02:29 PM.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks for those links bell

Regards,

Lee

"back in the days" when I was contracting to government and corporations I would live off project plans, all very official and such. Now I just jot down notes or scribble on a white board to keep me focused, I find it wastes a lot less time!

cheers,
    Luke

AusCoding Allan
    I lurrrve Microsoft Project, it's how I plan most things, helps me sort out times, dates available space etc.

Anyone else use software packages to help them out with planning?

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    I lurrrve Microsoft Project, it's how I plan most things, helps me sort out times, dates available space etc.

Anyone else use software packages to help them out with planning?
    I used to use a program called Planner - it's so old, I think this computer would literally laugh at me if I tried to install it. But I loved it.

I use Microsoft Project, as well.

GA

AusCoding Allan
    yay I'm not the only one who obsesses with timelines and graphs!

Allan

RainGurl
    i am a HUGE planner. business plans, marketing plans, sales plans, etc. i have found them incredibly useful for getting my ideas structured, knowing what to do next, and tracking my progress.
    i have a couple of business plan software packages, marketing plan pro, and sales plan pro....

AusCoding Allan
    Hey Rainey,

Your sig is not quite right. it says "as" me about GWW advertising instead of ask

Cheers,

Allan