Thread: A question about solo model sites

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar

A question about solo model sites

How active would you say a model should be in a solo model site? Like how many hours per day or week should a model spend talking with and answering emails from members? Is there a point where after a certain amount of time, it is a waste of time to stay around and do that? Or is as much as possible the best route?

Xstr8guy
    This is something I know nothing about. But let me offer some advice anyways.

DON'T DO IT! Lol. Models can be extremely flaky individuals. You can invest a fortune on some stud, spend months putting together a kick-ass site and then he suddenly goes on a crystal binge and then finds god.

Sound familiar?

It should.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    spend months putting together a kick-ass site and then he suddenly goes on a crystal binge and then finds god.

Sound familiar?
    That really did make me LOL

Regards,

Lee

This is something I know nothing about. But let me offer some advice anyways.

DON'T DO IT! Lol. Models can be extremely flaky individuals. You can invest a fortune on some stud, spend months putting together a kick-ass site and then he suddenly goes on a crystal binge and then finds god.

Sound familiar?

It should.
    I am hoping he doesn't go off on a crystal binge... hehe... I should have been more specific. The main model the site is going to be around is me. However that being said, I am presenting it in a way, where the other models that I have are guys that I film, etc, so that I can use solos of other guys that I shoot, I can use scenes of other guys fucking, then I can use scenes of me fucking or jerking as well.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    I am hoping he doesn't go off on a crystal binge... hehe... I should have been more specific. The main model the site is going to be around is me.
    How well do you know you? Are you sure you can be trusted?

uh huh exactly what I thought vs eddie's Avatar
    Well all of our models at www.flirt4free.com usually broadcast on an average of 6-10 hours depending on how hard they want to work that day. It's solely up to them on the hours they want to work, but if they aren't working they aren't making money.

If you're a really good model and get taken into private one after the other you won't have to work so long. There are some models who sit in there for 5 hours before they get taken into private and some models who can't stay out of private. It all depends on how hard the model is working it and if the model is what the end user is looking for.

Hope that answered your question and if need anything else please let me know. MUAH
    Eddie Bastian
    Account Executive
    1-800-685-9236 x240
    http://www.adultwhoswho.com/person/person.html?id=00756

gaysearch4sex
    I know with a lot of solo sites, the model just shoots a ton of content for a month, and then the company slowly releases it in weekly member updates.

However, the more successful solo sites (at least the solo girl ones I know of) have weekly or monthly webcam performances and write diaries... this really seems to keep retention up (not a shocker, I know :shock: )

The first option is probably cheaper and easier, but in the long run, the second one will probably do better. IMHO, I would start by experimenting with the first option and then as you get more of a cashflow, do more web cam performances. Then in the future, you could get the model to have more interaction on the site, or build new sites where the model is involved

But since you would probably be the model, it would be much easier to do web cams and diary entries, so I would def. try your best to keep up with them...

Is pierrefitch around at all? he would be a good one to ask, since he does it all

How well do you know you? Are you sure you can be trusted?
    errr... i can try not to run off, I GUESS... you know those three stints I did in rehab last week really have paid off for me. :bananacock: :bananacock:

Quote Originally Posted by gaysearch4sex View Post
    However, the more successful solo sites (at least the solo girl ones I know of) have weekly or monthly webcam performances and write diaries... this really seems to keep retention up (not a shocker, I know :shock: )
    This is really what I am going for here, is lots of involvement in my site. I want the member to get a feeling that they know me, and me them, I just don't want to overdo it and spend TOO much time doing things that are unnecissary, when I could be working on other projects. I would like to find a nice middle ground.

the queerest straight girl in the world...
    It would be easier for you to put in a forum to talk to your fans... plus, the nice thing about a forum is they have to register... giving you an easy to retrieve database of email addresses....

Alternately, find a simple "help desk" type of email software... so that you can f/stoke a lot of your replies.

depends. are you planning to do live shows?

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    depends. are you planning to do live shows?
    Yes, I will be doing 2 hour long live shows per week. Most of the time it will just be me, but sometimes I will have other models come in.

if you have the time to put into it, what i'd consider doing is

2 1-hour live shows per week

1 solo update

1 update with you and another guy. he can be solo but we should see or at least hear you to verify the connection, although having him interact with you a little makes more sense. after all, content in a site about YOU should include you

maybe a video blog, as well. sort of tell them briefly what's new with you, about finding models and what the last guy was like to shoot with.

this would mean you only have 2 days a week with nothing new happening and would also help your site grow quickly. now, if you also archive your live shows, adding last week's or the week before's on the 2 days where you have no updates or shows, you will have something new for your members 7 days a week.

if you add an actual blog, people can leave comments without having an actual forum. i don't think you'll find the average member sends emails - the ones who really want to talk with you will be there for the live shows.