Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Luke at Chilihost

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Congrats to Luke at Chilihost

Luke,

Congrats on your merger with National Net!

I know some very large and influential sites that we all know are on their network and they say nothing but good things about this company. Being part of their family will now give even more strength to your brand. Good job!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yes congrats.

Tony picked up a great company there for sure

Regards,

Lee

He's so happy about this - and looking forward to sleeping nights LOL

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Already talked to Luks and yeah - great deal for all of us
    :-D

Thanks guys! And thanks to everyone who emailed and ICQd last night too, I spent most of the night chatting and it was so much fun! Plus it was fantastic to hear such positive feedback.

The official press release is going out today, but for those of you that aren't a chilihost client and don't know what the hell this is all about, here's a brief outline:

Chilihost signed a deal with NationalNet to make us part of their family - we are now backed by NationalNet's award winning team. This comes with full access to their premium datacenter and USA network infrastructure, their 24x7 extended monitoring and support systems, their phone support systems, their team of technical gurus and their massive amout of experience and expertise. We also have big plans for the Netherlands hosting operations as Chilihost will be the NationalNet portal for offshore hosting services.

For me, I continue working as the International Marteking Director and will be focusing on customer support and sales. And the real bonus is that I will have loads more time to chat and to have a bit of fun again

I am really keen about this new venture. Chilihost has been growing like mad over the last year and I believe that teaming up with NationalNet is the best way forward to guaranty bloody great service and support and allow me to cut back my working hours to a normal amount again!

cheers,
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    I am really keen about this new venture. Chilihost has been growing like mad over the last year and I believe that teaming up with NationalNet is the best way forward to guaranty bloody great service and support and allow me to cut back my working hours to a normal amount again!

cheers,
    Luke
    Define "normal" working hours...:luke: :luke: :luke:

JustBryce

Just saw the press release...

Congrats Luke. We love hosting at National Net and are even happier now knowing they have some family in management

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I think that normal is anything less than 36 hours every day :cheekymonkey:

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    That time of every day between waking and sleeping? Isn't that normal for everyone?

robin
    I was speechless when I saw that email Luke! Wow -- congrats! :sunny:

I've got to admit though I'm a wee bit nervous -- I hate not knowing about the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I was speechless when I saw that email Luke! Wow -- congrats! :sunny:

I've got to admit though I'm a wee bit nervous -- I hate not knowing about the unknown.
    Yeah the unknown is certainly scary because we've all been spoiled by Luke and his incredible almost 24/7 service .... now we gotta wake him up!

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    Yeah the unknown is certainly scary because we've all been spoiled by Luke and his incredible almost 24/7 service .... now we gotta wake him up!

Indeed + I'm a worry wort.

How long have you been gay?
    Hey everyone....

I saw some of your comments in this thread about being a little nervous....and to tell you the truth, who could blame you? It is scary making a change like this, but I can tell you that if you give me a fair chance, I will make you love NatNet *almost* as much as you love Luke....and I say "almost" out of complete respect for Luke and what he has accomplished.

Just imagine if you could clone Luke into about 30 different people and have them work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year? That is what I promise you it will be like. Our guys are lightning fast and they NEVER sleep....not virtually never...NEVER NEVER.

I also want you to know that Luke is not going anywhere and that I hope you will be gaining a friend in me. I am not the techy side of the company anyway, so they just let me play on the boards and travel the world...I will make it a point to stop by here and try to be a contributing part of the group.

So...will you give me just half a chance?? I promise I won't let you down.

--T

Quote Originally Posted by SweetT View Post
    Hey everyone....

I saw some of your comments in this thread about being a little nervous....and to tell you the truth, who could blame you? It is scary making a change like this, but I can tell you that if you give me a fair chance, I will make you love NatNet *almost* as much as you love Luke....and I say "almost" out of complete respect for Luke and what he has accomplished.

Just imagine if you could clone Luke into about 30 different people and have them work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year? That is what I promise you it will be like. Our guys are lightning fast and they NEVER sleep....not virtually never...NEVER NEVER.

I also want you to know that Luke is not going anywhere and that I hope you will be gaining a friend in me. I am not the techy side of the company anyway, so they just let me play on the boards and travel the world...I will make it a point to stop by here and try to be a contributing part of the group.

So...will you give me just half a chance?? I promise I won't let you down.

--T
    Well since I really don't like server moves.. nah, just kidding, I've heard great things about National Net from some of your other gay clients.

Now, what we all want to know is how do we get jobs where we can travel the world and play the boards without having to do all the technical stuff?

Robin & Tom, please don't stress over this announcement. Before I signed that dotted line, Tony & I went over everything - twice! I even got to interview their team of techies.

And honestly, these guys are way smarter than me, they have setup some really awesome sites and know their stuff inside and out. And they have all the techie toys I could never afford - one example is their extended monitoring systems. Their systems monitors your traffic and compares it to historic patterns and trends and if it detects a variance, it automatically sounds the alarms (literally, there are alarms that go off in the NOC) and forces an investigation to be safe. This means that if all the sudden your site is being hotlinked from china or if some password trader posts userids on a forum and you get swamped by illegal downloads, these systems go off. And within minutes, NatNet techies are investigating and assisting before you even ask for help!

With this deal, I hand over the technical support, but I am still here for you in my new roll as customer support and sales. Please, if you want to discuss any specific issues or want to just have a chat about things, get in touch by icq or email. I have the time now and would love to chat

cheers,
    Luke