Thread: How do you decide the price of membership?

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar

How do you decide the price of membership?

Hey guys, thanks for all the help in recent days, you guys have been great, with helping me figure some things out. Now, for my last question (for now). I am wondering, how do you decide how much the price will be for membership on your paysite? I see so many sites, ranging from 14.99 to 29.99 a month, and I was just wondering what factors do you take in when pricing out the membership.

don't guess about this - it's important. there are webmasters who charge $14.95 and could be charging more because they're afraid their site won't retain - yet there are sites retaining at $24.95 and $19.95 that have less content.

test your prices. either use your own traffic, buy traffic or find a couple of high traffic webmasters to help you beta test. send each price the same amount of traffic - make it at least tens of thousands of hits and add up total number of sales for each price. then keep track of those members - put their subscription numbers on a notepad file. keep track of how they retain. after 3 or 4 months, you'll have an idea of whether one price sold more subscriptions and whether 1 retained better.