Thread: Indentity Thief!

gaybucks_skyler

Indentity Thief!

So this is kind of an irrelevant topic, but someone here may be able to help me.

Yesterday I received a call from my old credit union in my old home town. I still have a few accounts with them and I have no intentions of closing them. I keep a visa card open with them with a very small limit on it… just for emergencies. I literally have NOT used the card in over a year, which is why I received this call. Their visa advisor called me to verify some recent “unusual” activity. None of which was mine so I told her to block the cards through their and send me new ones…

Well, get this. One of the charges made was to a www.spermlovers.com which bills through CCBILL Is there anyway to obtain info from them??? (there have been tons of other charges and I have found out that they have more than just my card numbers… they have almost all my info… I am SOOO SCARED)

We were also able to locate the IP address of the computer that they made the purchase from… is there any way to search those??? Like a directory???

I was just wondering if ANYONE has any information that they could obtain to help me with this situation.

I have to fill out the “fraud protection” paperwork, etc., etc. but I need info to take to the police.

I am really frustrated right now, because I am a struggling student trying to survive, not very well on my feet in the world yet, I graduate in 8 weeks, and it’s just not what I need right now… There is no way in hell I would be able to pay these off right now…

So, if anyone has any Info or can help me in any way it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Sky

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Chances are, its a family member or close relative/friend.

Ive been researching identity theft for the past few weeks and all the stats i have seen say there is a significantly higher rate of ID theft occuring with close friends/family/relatives being the perpetrator, which also accounts for the relatively low prosecution/conviction rate of identity theft criminals due to their victim not wanting to press charges against family members or close friends.

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    I can so relate to you right now.

Since September last year, i have been having the same issues. Ok, i am not in the USA, i am in the UK. So here is my story.

The personal in question actually stole my drivers license and my card for the UK version of "social security numbers".

With this the person in question was able to setup bank accounts offshore in my name, and attack my finances, credit record, and so much more i will probably cry if i try to explain anymore.

To cut a long story stort. I told the police who was doing it. They already KNEW who was doing it, but still nothing could be done? WHY!!!

Well, as this person was not in the UK, even thought they were of UK nationality, and although he was a wanted criminal, the police could not actually do anything to this person, or help me, even if they KNEW what hotel room he was staying in, in another country.

This may seems really irrelivent to you, but there is a moral to this story.

Lee may have been very factual with a lot of these crimes being people close to you, but the fact is most of these people are WAY ahead of the laws, and they KNOW the laws, so can work around them.

The person who screwed me over is actual in prison right now in IRELAND, for other fraud related crimes and even though he is only a couple of hundred miles away, he can still escape ALL the crimes he commited in the United Kingdom because of extradition laws.

-----

As a final bit of advice. CHANGE EVERYTHING!

Cards that have been attacked... CLOSE THEM and start a new account.
    Advise EVERYONE of your identity theft. Drivers license, everyone who you have anything with. Even the passport office if you have one.

I hope you get through this, because quite honestly is the worst thing anyone can have happen to them. Its worse than getting beaten up, mugged in the street, because you never know when it is going to stop. I am only 20 years old, so it was hard for me to althought im not a student.

I hope you pull through this. If you do want any more info please feel free to contact me as i may have something that can help you.

First off, you should have those charges reversed without any problems since it was fraud and since the bank contacted you and they know its fraud. When this happened to me they reversed the charges and got me a new card within a week.

Second off, don't get all worked up about it and don't go trying to find the guy and all the other stuff like that. Let the police handle it and get on with your life. This is unfortunately a new reality in todays society, with all your info and cc numbers online in hundreds of databases that you can't control.

And lets all hope it doesn't happen to you again or to any one else here!

cheers,
    Luke

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post

Cards that have been attacked... CLOSE THEM and start a new account.
    Advise EVERYONE of your identity theft. Drivers license, everyone who you have anything with. Even the passport office if you have one.
    You actually do NOT want to close any accounts. Just notify everyone of the situation. Closing accounts will HURT YOUR credit in the long run.

Go to this website right away:

http://www.consumer.gov/idtheft/con_steps.htm

It has links to the major credit companies to alert them with a few short clicks that your identity has been stolen.

Good luck.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    CCBill should be able to release information to the authorities on the address, etc that was used to process the charge to spermlovers, as well as the IP address of the transaction.

I read that about 1 in 3 people in the US will have a problem with identity theft. The good news is, because the problem is becoming so rampant, the card issuers are becoming more responsive and willing to assist in correcting the problems.

Also, if you have renter's insurance on your apartment, you may have some coverage as part of that for identity theft and I think that includes resources at the insurance company of people that will help get everything fixed up.

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    You actually do NOT want to close any accounts. Just notify everyone of the situation. Closing accounts will HURT YOUR credit in the long run.
    Sorry about that then. Guess things are slightly different in the UK than the USA

Camper than a row of tents
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    This is unfortunately a new reality in todays society, with all your info and cc numbers online in hundreds of databases that you can't control.
    Which is why every bank needs to offer one time use credit card numbers that are generated through their website. I would probably buy more stuff online if my bank had them.
    I post here to whore this sig.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Chances are, its a family member or close relative/friend.
    Yes. It happened to a member of my family ... by another member of my family.

Disgusting.

Xstr8guy
    In 1999, I had someone charging all over eastern Europe with my card number. All purchases were made online. They even had items gift-wrapped! Lol. They charged for over a month before Visa was able to get a hold of me as I had recently moved. I think it was like $6,000 in charges. But it was not at all difficult to fix. I just had to fill out a little paperwork and they removed all of the charges. I still do most of my shopping online because I know if my number is stolen again, I will be reimbursed. No big whoop.

gaybucks_skyler
    I just want to say thank you to everyone who helped out...

The situation is still in the midst of being resolved, but hopefully it will all be over with soon...

Again just wanted to say thanks!

Love, Sky