Thread: console free - does it matter?

console free - does it matter?

is console free really a big selling point anymore for affiliate programs? I mean, 99.9% of all popups are blocked in ie and firefox, so does it really matter?

cheers,
    Luke

it matters to me, and a lot of review sites will only link to console free, as well. besides, most sites with consoles have ways of defeating all my popup blockers. remember that thread from python/dollarmachine? everyone got the popup chain and none of us really appreciated it.

i think training surfers that they can trust us is important to long term income. popups are great for instant cash, but they can create an adversarial relationship between sites and surfers - and that's not good.

that being said, a single popup can be okay with me depending on what it's selling.

I usually make less on the links without a console, but I will use them if they're available. It makes for a better link list or blog site experience.

thanks, I am surprised it really matters anymore since getting a popup in firefox is next to impossible...guess I am spoiled and did not realize some still get thru on i.e.

cheers,
    Luke