Thread: Gay webmasters in UK?

strictlyb

Gay webmasters in UK?

Anyone here UK-based? Or am I now the token Brit? :toff:

samebb
    Im british mate.

Marcjacob is also british here, and their is also CalumB i think is his board name, and a couple of content guys that hang arund the content board.

Im sure there is a handful of lurkers to.

Welcome to GWW

strictlyb
    Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    Im british mate.

Marcjacob is also british here, and their is also CalumB i think is his board name, and a couple of content guys that hang arund the content board.

Im sure there is a handful of lurkers to.

Welcome to GWW
    Thanks... I'm mostly lurking and checking the lie of the land before I jump straight in and get myself barred.

Are there such things as UK meets, or do these happen elsewhere?

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by strictlyb View Post
    Thanks... I'm mostly lurking and checking the lie of the land before I jump straight in and get myself barred.

Are there such things as UK meets, or do these happen elsewhere?
    To be honest, most events happen in the US. There is a very small number of big names in the UK when it comes to the gay side of the industry, and from what i know of them, they mostly have no interest in networking, and one or to are to full of themselves for me to ever want to meet with.

There are a couple of good guys, i have heard great things about the guy who runs BlakeMason.com from a few models, and i work closely with another small UK site who is also ran by some very nice people.

It may be something to thing about. A webmaster lunch in the UK. They seem to do it in the USA, so it could work well doing it here.

strictlyb
    Count me as one for a lunch. In London - you anywhere near?

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by strictlyb View Post
    Count me as one for a lunch. In London - you anywhere near?
    Live north of oxford, its only an hour down the M40, or alternativly a train.

strictlyb
    Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    Live north of oxford, its only an hour down the M40, or alternativly a train.
    Cool... what do you think is the minimum number needed for a webmaster lunch? About half a dozen would be a good start!

marcjacob
    If i have enough notice id make it. Im in the north east so would need time to get down there but could be cool.

Xstr8guy
    Lee, the board owner, is British but lives in Florida. My business partner is in London but he doesn't participate much on the board.

How long have you been gay?

I'm a Brit too

Hi Count me in too...if you give me enuff notice