Thread: How many updates to keep a surfer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    marcjacob

How many updates to keep a surfer?

Ive done my little board to act as a filter site. Im posting fhgs and sponsor content, linking each image to the sponsors site. If i send all my traffic to that, i hope that surfers will find something the like.

I want them to keep coming back, so im planning 5 daily updates mon-fri.

I wondered how many posts are needed to keep them coming back? One wont cut it?

Im then planning to do a free "secret" area, fill it with upsells and tell the surfer they can have access with so many posts. Do you think a surfer would go for that?

Do i even want them coming back? I mean should i think "buy or get lost" sort of thing?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    You always want them coming back. Some might never buy anything, but bandwidth is cheap, and if they like your site, even if they never buy anything, they will probably tell friends, which gets you more traffic.

And then one day, you'll post a gallery of some model they just HAVE to see and the credit card comes out...

wnc
    What I find enjoyable working as a gay webmaster is that you can't take a break (yawning... when last did I sleep?). Constant changes. Some changes you will be able to work with, some are too advanced to play catch-up with.

Marcjacob, right now BLOG is what gets attention, especially with Google. Via another thread here, someone is selling an automated SEOBLOG product, so even that venue will be overwhelmed with spam, if not already.

Marcjaob, experiment with once a day, five days a week... but be willing to update more in the future. Surfers will indeed bookmark a site that changes alot.

marcjacob
    WNC, i think your saying what i dont want to hear . Im thinking that i need other webmasters to post their galleries to keep it moving. The thing with that is that were a fickle bunch. They wont support it until im getting decent traffic.

Maybe i should press ahead with the free area thing. Even with that i think if i set the post count at 50 ill get 5 crap nonsense irrelivent posts

wnc
    Sorry. I had misread your post.

"Im posting fhgs". Not even knowing what a FHG is, I had responded. I do hope that you rope that wild FHG stallion, taming and controlling it, but I suspect my advice and comment remains for any particular venue.

marcjacob
    Free hosted gallery - a tgp gallery with pics and or movies thats hosted by the sponsor.. and yeah, your advice is making me think.