Thread: Paysite Membership Price Points

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Paysite Membership Price Points

Ive been sat here for the last couple of days wondering about price points for paysite memberships and, with that said this is what i have been thinking about..

When a surfer hits a join page, are they more likely to buy a membership if the cost of a trial or a full months membership is at a certain price?

What i mean is lets say, using DILF as the example, a surfer hits the join page and see's $5.95 for a 3 day trial and also $21.97 for a months access would they be more inclined to join the site if that price point was something more like..

$2.95 for 3 days and $14.97 for a months access?

Obviously as every source of traffic is different there are going to be variances between how much Surfer A will pay for a membership over Surfer B.

Have you folks seen a higher amount of sales appearing on a specific type of price point over another?

I know what i am inclined to do about this however, i wanted to know what the rest of you thought about this before i go making any plans LOL

Regards,

Lee

Lee, when I first set up my first paysite I did some experimenting and found that going cheap did not lead to more sales. I did a $14.87 price point and it made almost no difference other than to my bottom line. I think if a surfer is keen on joining and they get their cc out they will join as long as the price is reasonable.

I also experimented with trial prices and trial lengths and in the end decided that trials sucked! I dropped them and my sales fell a bit but the overall effect was a way higher retention and way better for the bottom line!

But that is just my experience, I am sure others will tell a different tale. I am keen on hearing others opinions on this!

cheers,
    Luke

Thanks Luke

You know we actually found the opposite before we launched Stud Money Gary had a couple of his own paysites and we actually found that $14 trials worked better than higher priced ones

I guess we all have different types of traffic ultimately and because of this we know what price points work best on our surfers

Regards,

Lee

i sell $1.95 trials better than $1 trials - and $2.95 does second best. i sell $4.95 better than $3.95. also we sell $19.95 better than $14.95.

what does this mean? i don't know *LOL*

Originally posted by basschick
    what does this mean? i don't know *LOL*
    Could it mean that certain gay market niches work better if they have specific price points on the sites?

Like perhaps a twink site converts better if it is charged at $24.95 whilst a bear site will convert better if it is priced at $14.95?

Afterall, im almost certain we are not all pushing the same types of sites to our surfers with these different prices

Regards,

Lee

I'd think it has a lot to do with how we've been taught to perceive "value" and especially with $19.95 - EVERYTHING is $19.95! Ever up at nite and nothing on but paid advertising? As for $1 versus $1.99 - that sort of makes sense - most people aren't going to hassel a charge card purchase of $1 - it'd be easier if they could just feed a dollar bill thru the cd changer ... :fracais:

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    I think Bec hit the nail on the head... perceived "value".

It is possible that, in some way, surfers think if they pay less they get crap... if they pay more and they get more.

GA