Thread: Video Options In Members Areas. POINTLESS

samebb

Video Options In Members Areas. POINTLESS

Just wondering if anyone else has found similar results to me.

I offer my videos in 2 speeds on one of my sites

1mb streams (high res, play great at full screen on average monitors)

256kb streams (low res for "low" speed users)

NOW, i have been running these for over 5 months now, and lookin on my stats today, i have seen that only 1 low res video has been downloaded in 5 MONTHS.

Anyone else finding this?

It seems even the slow users would rather wait for the best experience for their money. Clever people :turddance:

nope, i'm not finding that. maybe it's because dialup users are happy with the quality of our 125k videos, which are pretty sharp. maybe it's because our medium sized videos are also sharp and clear and bigger than 320x240. or maybe it's because not everyone feels like waiting for our 1.6 mbps videos.

what is the resolution of your 2 video sizes - are they the same size or different?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Actually, i was chatting with one of the large PPS sponsors that offer multiple formats/sizes in their members areas a couple of days ago and they said the exact same thing, even though they are offered, 99.99% of all members are downloading the larger sized scenes than the ones optimized for smaller resolutions / connection speeds.

Im actually waiting to hear back from them about how well their iPod content downloads are going as im about to add 200+ iPod scenes in to all 25 of the Condom Cash members areas too.

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Thanks Lee, i thought i wasnt the only one.

I will go on to say,
    On another site of mine, i offer full high resolution videos, as 1 file,

and i also offer the same video as another option, split into 2 minute parts, at the same resolution.

This seems to work great, especially since the introduction of browser streaming.

Anyone else seen this to be a more effective method to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Actually, i was chatting with one of the large PPS sponsors that offer multiple formats/sizes in their members areas a couple of days ago and they said the exact same thing, even though they are offered, 99.99% of all members are downloading the larger sized scenes than the ones optimized for smaller resolutions / connection speeds.

Im actually waiting to hear back from them about how well their iPod content downloads are going as im about to add 200+ iPod scenes in to all 25 of the Condom Cash members areas too.

Regards,

Lee

We have also posted 3GP, IPOD and PSP versions of all movies. We provide them since a month now. It is early to say the ratios.