Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men stare at crotches

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar

Men stare at crotches

The Online Journalism Review reports on Jakob Nielsen's use of an eye-tracker to look at how different people read the Web -- particularly news. There are lots of interesting findings, but the best is the revelation that men fixate on any visible genital areas in photos -- even animals' crotches come in for a good eyeballing.

Although both men and women look at the image of George Brett when directed to find out information about his sport and position, men tend to focus on private anatomy as well as the face. For the women, the face is the only place they viewed.

This image of George Brett was part of a larger page with his biographical information. All users tested looked the image, but there was a distinct difference in focus between men and women.

Coyne adds that this difference doesn’t just occur with images of people. Men tend to fixate more on areas of private anatomy on animals as well, as evidenced when users were directed to browse the American Kennel Club site.

http://www.ojr.org/ojr/stories/070312ruel/

CamCruise
    WOW!! Someone gets payed to do this kind of thing.
    Where can I sign up!!:balls: :balls:

the results of this research aren't a big surprise to me - or probably anyone else here

gaybucks_skyler
    That is all very interesting to me...

After reading this it has got me to thinking... I do tend to fixate in that area when looking at someone. weird huh?

And, not that I am into bestiality in the slightest, but I am not afraid to admit that it even happens with animals too. So, I think that the study is correct.

Sky

and i always look at faces and hair - always have.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CamCruise View Post
    WOW!! Someone gets payed to do this kind of thing.
    Where can I sign up!!:balls: :balls:
    LOL no kidding!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    You'd think someone would be watching the ball or the bat during a baseball game.

But I guess they ARE, in a sense, watching balls and bats ...

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    and i always look at faces and hair - always have.
    Men have faces too?! I guess I need to stop staring at their crotches and look up once in a while.

2mmy
    actually thats true.. just caught myself doing it all day long

thanks to the fine folks over to USC and their support by the Annenberg Center for Communication - I have fun getting ed-gee-cated
    (a reasonable explanation of why I have spent so much time in market research in my former life....)

strictlyb
    No surprise at all - except I thought women would be just as bad! Maybe the sample was lesbian-only?

Quote Originally Posted by strictlyb View Post
    No surprise at all - except I thought women would be just as bad! Maybe the sample was lesbian-only?
    yeah, maybe the sampling of women did have lesbian tendencies - lesbians and baseball/softball go hand in hand don't they?

strictlyb
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    yeah, maybe the sampling of women did have lesbian tendencies - lesbians and baseball/softball go hand in hand don't they?
    I'm sure that's a rhetorical question, but I have no idea about baseball or softball - I'm a Brit. :bobby:

TBH I don't know much about lesbians either.

Gay is the new Black
    Would be a better study if they also had a womans image and what the man/woman looks at.

Myself - I only look at a womans eyes/face/hair/shoes

As for men, I look at everything. It's natural to size up competition within species and sex.

Animals, you look to see sex. "Oh, it's a boy/girl" Unless it's a bird or other well painted animal whose male species is the more fabulous looking, you have no real other way to check. Less it's a reptile and then you can pop or probe the glands.

Again, I "Personally" feel it's a simple size-up for natural encoded dominance.
    Be Who You Are!

i'm a woman who likes both men and women. i never look at crotches. the straight women i know never look at crotches. we care if someone is attractive - and that means face. i DO know some straight women who look at men's butts, but face is always first. i know only a few women who care about basket at all.

Quote Originally Posted by strictlyb View Post