Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would YOU feel if ....

samebb

How would YOU feel if ....

You had a paysite with 250 to 300 models on...

In your office you had, correctly filed for 2257, colour scans of IDs and model release forms for all the models on your site....

You apply for a billing company, of which you have done many times before with very little trouble, but THIS TIME ...

Their compliance department asks for copies of EVERY SINGLE ID and Release form, which, your going to have to scan, upload, resize, and deliver ..

Over 600 ITEMS!
    Say bye bye to a few days.

Would you be pissed, and dump that biller before you get started and go to a biller you already work with, who have 99% of the content already approved on running sites.

OR

Would you just do ask they ask and blow away a few days that could be spent doing something constructive?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id want to know who the billing company was and what the site url was

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    I will tell you, if you tell me what u would do lee :glasses:

all il say is "about to run back to CCBILL"

Oh and il say, some things ARE to good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    I will tell you, if you tell me what u would do lee :glasses:
    Well it would depend on WHO the processor was, which would dictate what i would do.

Regards,

Lee

all il say is "about to run back to CCBILL"

Oh and il say, some things ARE to good to be true.
    So its Epoch or Verotel giving you problems?

Which is it so others know not to bother

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Well it would depend on WHO the processor was, which would dictate what i would do.

Regards,

Lee
    Well on a new project, i had the choice of CCBILL (who i have used for a long time with no probs) and EPOCH, with all the FREEBEES and great new features.

I went with Epoch, but 20 minutes ago, im starting to think "im such an idiot, why not stick with a company i know can cater for my needs, without wanting me to perform crazy, time-wasting tasks", Free MPA3 maybe, but when you have to know away days and days of worktime, that free-ness starts to become an expense because of time that could have been far more constructivly used.

D-Rock
    Epoch has been really strick latley...I think it's just the way of the times.

Billing companies are not letting thing slip through the cracks anymore...It seems they hold all they keys...
    I've been delayed and delayed by Epoch with my new sites, and it's getting mighty frustrating...They have all these new policies and rules now if you want to do business with them.

Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    Well on a new project, i had the choice of CCBILL (who i have used for a long time with no probs) and EPOCH, with all the FREEBEES and great new features.
    Well if you go with CCBill again you'll be able to get a totally different main account and not have to pay Visa fees again, whilst with Epoch, you are going to get hit with another $750.

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Well if you go with CCBill again you'll be able to get a totally different main account and not have to pay Visa fees again, whilst with Epoch, you are going to get hit with another $750.

Regards,

Lee
    I didnt have to have to pay $750, im based in the EU!

did you talk to a rep about why they need them? i've always found epoch to be extremely helpful and both rand and frank are very available to answer questions or help straighten out issues.

and keep in mind that ccbill is also getting more strict - remember the thread where they are not allowing certain bonus sites any longer? it's more about visa than about the processor.

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rock View Post
    Epoch has been really strick latley...I think it's just the way of the times.

Billing companies are not letting thing slip through the cracks anymore...It seems they hold all they keys...
    I've been delayed and delayed by Epoch with my new sites, and it's getting mighty frustrating...They have all these new policies and rules now if you want to do business with them.
    I compleatly understand the part about slipping through the cracks. I for one like the fact that billing companies are becoming more vigulant!

But asking companies to jump through stupidly high hoops is just pissing me off!
    Its not like im setting up Mike18.com !! Most of these models are 21-23

samebb
    The part of this that REALLY pisses me off, and it will irritate a few of you i can bet with me saying this,

Is the fact that Non-US webmasters are upheld to laws not of their own.

Yes, i keep releases and IDs, because i i want to know im not breaking any laws, piece of mind, but the fact is laws do not require me to.

I REALLY would not mind at all, if like on most twink sites, a biller said

"this model and this model look borderline, can you please mail us their IDs so we can confirm they are of legal age". I would jump on it straight away and have them the IDs in a matter of minutes.

But the fact im being pressured to give over release forms and IDs of ALL models, to comply by laws that are not my own, is crazy in my eyes.

Yes, i know the company in question are based in the US, and have to watch their own back, and keep visa happy, but it STILL seems crazy to me.

Why are CCBILL so much easier to work with?

sounds like the problem might be an overzealous newcomer to the compliance department. or else perhaps visa made the request through epoch.

sam, i have found epoch very easy to work with. when i have a problem, it's easy to communicate with them and get the issues dealt with. have you tried talking to rand about this?

samebb
    This has only happened in the last couple of hours, and i know i have to pass their compliance before visa or anyone else, this is where its stuck. The site went into compliance department a couple of hours ago.

Luckily i have managed to find a LOT of original IDs of the models and post them up for compliance to look at. About 50% of them.

Im hoping this will be enough, and i really cannot be bothered to waste days scanning, not to mention the fact i dont even know if the scanner works anymore, iv had no use for it for a LONG time.

marcjacob
    I would contact them. The free thing is quite good after all! I wouldnt piss arround following through this request unless it came from visa. I would give them any id they ask for, if they state which models are a problem.

Sam, you will know when you talk to them if they are resolute on this. If they are id stick with ccbill as will they do this evertime you update the tour?