Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Know You Have Failed In The Gay Industry?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Do You Know You Have Failed In The Gay Industry?

Perhaps when after only a year and a half you decide you arent making enough money to pay the bills so want to sell everything?

http://www.gfyboard.com/showthread.php?t=716429

I have to admit, im suprised he lasted this long $0.02

He'll be lucky to sell for $5k.

I wonder where Squirt and Lloyd will go to bitch about me now LOL

Regards,

Lee

wow that is pretty big news, I am surprised he just posted it on a forum instead of selling it privately. Wonder how much he wants for it?

maxpower
    That is weird I am going to ask how much

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    wow that is pretty big news, I am surprised he just posted it on a forum instead of selling it privately. Wonder how much he wants for it?
    He's been privately trying to sell it for a few months, he's approached a bunch of people with gay programs but nobody wanted to touch it.

When you exhaust all of your 'private' options the last straw is to try and go for a public sale, the problem is, now everyone over at GMS knows he's looking to sell, where are they going to go.....

He's either going to suck some idiot in to buy it (who will subsequently run it in to the ground), or its going to bleed money for months/years.

Either way, its a failure.

Regards,

Lee

I just had a thought...

Perhaps he could sell it to Epoch/AVN as they seem to be after gay traffic lately.. Im sure the 10 or so posts he gets a day will be of some use to them

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Lol.

Doesnt look like hes selling GayMainStreet....
    Not exactly going to be worth much .

If he gets a 6 digit price on selling all that, well, all i can say is somebody is very stupid .

Quote Originally Posted by samebb View Post
    Doesnt look like hes selling GayMainStreet....
    Yeah he is, read his thread on GFY.

The 2nd busiest gay board in the industry, after GWW, U360 and GWC, so he's actually the 4th busiest board, out of 4 as you can see below by scrolling down to the mid-40th ranked sites

http://www.boardtracker.com/cgi-bin/...page=1&cat=748

Regards,

Lee

samebb
    Lol, ok thats funny :crazyeyes:

I know hes been wanting to sell a long time, because he aparently nearly sold to Reece Dylan! LOL, and that was august-september last year.

Richard Craver
    cattiness aside

for those not in the know, what's the backstory on this?

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    ..."krypton is merely shifting it's orbit"... - superman

i am not in possession of all the facts , but it may be a case of selling while the product is still hot.
    the problem with buying someone else's company is that it never really works , usually the "original-vision" is lost and/or discarded and you end up with a company not even worth the price you paid. (interpreted: can you say "colt"? , betcha'can - mr.rodgers)
    my advice to anyone wanting a company is to start your own! , it's going to be the hardest first 3yrs of your life and you may have to continue photographing toasters and microwaves for walmart ad's but just know in the end success isn't something restricted by how much money it makes but by the personal satisfaction of doing something that you love to do. (interpreted: don't quit your day-job too soon "nightwalker!")

sincerely ~ ..."you can only paint the mona-lisa once!"...

p.s ~ i've heard from a most trusted source (my pet rock!) that he has "found god!" , and that is so very wonderful! :fool:

Xstr8guy
    I guess being the gay court jester of GFY didn't pay off like he'd hoped. Or maybe it's just a reflection on how few REAL webmasters there are on GFY.

Either way, it just goes to show you that quality talks and bullshit walks.

thegayone
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Perhaps when after only a year and a half you decide you arent making enough money to pay the bills so want to sell everything?

I have to admit, im suprised he lasted this long $0.02

He'll be lucky to sell for $5k.

I wonder where Squirt and Lloyd will go to bitch about me now LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Greetings all:

This is John Paul, aka JP aka Teh BoyAlley. My account looks to be banned (might not be can't tell but I can't get into it), so I'm having to use this one.

Well Lee, I guess there are two ways of looking at this.

Either exiting out after 18 months is a sign of failure. OR the fact that I created a company from nothing that has already generated well into the 6 figures, and will sell for 6 figures, in 18 months shows I know a good bit about business and how to turn a company and a profit? Not a bad paycheck for 18 months work, and I suspect it's considerably higher than many of those in here who are jumping on your bandwagon to criticize me.

Hell, in the last 8 months I've raised about $30,000 for charity alone in this industry, which is almost equal to what I'd say the average webmaster seems to make.

All and all, I'm very pleased with the last 18 months and what I've accomplished, and don't feel that I've failed at all. I'm actually pretty proud of it.

Could I have done more? Sure I could have! But I was a newbie to adult and had a lot to learn while I was going about things. I'm confident that lessons that I've learned will make my next project even more successful. Live and learn live and learn!

I've grown to respect many in this industry, and understand their importance on the front lines of freedom of speech. However, I never planned on running AlleyBucks for the rest of my life. I'm already partnered with a large straight company to start a new straight affiliate program. Guess what? I'll probably only run that for 18 months before exiting too. After that? Who knows, I'll probably leave adult all together and move on to a new industry to learn new things and interact with new people.

For me, I've started and sold 8 companies already. It's what I do, and it's what I'm good at. For some people, starting companies just to sell them would seem ridiculous and a nightmare. I love the challenge of getting into new industries, starting new projects, and growing them to the point that other people want to pay a premium to acquire them. The daily grind of running an established company just isn't something that I enjoy.

BTW Lee, since you've been making observations about me, I'm going to take the liberty of making an observation about you:

Why do you always have to play the role of the bitter old queen? You should try playing the part of someone happy with life that gets along with other people for a change. You just might find that you like it.

To Everyone Else: Thanks so much to those of you that I've worked with, learned from, and had the occasional friendly conversations with. There are some really great people in the gay side of this industry, and I wish you all the best of success!

For the record you werent banned, your email address bounced several weeks in a row when the GWW Community bulletin was sent out so the script deleted your username

Either exiting out after 18 months is a sign of failure. OR the fact that I created a company from nothing that has already generated well into the 6 figures, and will sell for 6 figures, in 18 months shows I know a good bit about business and how to turn a company and a profit?
    Or, perhaps it could be that yet again you are spouting bullshit, after all, it does appear that is all you do when it comes to your online 'businesses'.

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...6-02/0446.html

I especially like this area of the link above...

We decided it is the time for Full Disclosure of the terms of the
    deal. JP at first claimed he sold AntiOnline for $300,000. The
    figure later changed to "roughly $30,000." Using our extensive journalism
    training we were able to verify that AntiOnline.Com was sold for
    exactly $3,000. We are still shocked someone actually paid this
    much!
    As i said, it seems you have a habit of 'creatively' doing your accounts

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    Im not sure what im missing. He claims it takes 6 figures? He will have to show the books before anyone will buy it.

thegayone
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Im not sure what im missing. He claims it takes 6 figures? He will have to show the books before anyone will buy it.
    Yes and it's a CCBill program, all of the stats are in CCbill, and I've already showed people those CCBill stats. The buyer will be taking over that CCBill account, and all of the data contained in it.

Lee's just has no idea what he's talking about and is being a little drama queen as always.