Thread: usa check processor

usa check processor

can anyone recommend a USA check processor, I need to hire a company to print USA checks for me and mail them off.

cheers,
    Luke

samebb
    Looked for the same for a long while. I had no luck.

Luke if you find a company who can do this, can you inform me thanks!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Luke, check out myezbills.com. For a very low fee, they will send out checks (or do ACH transfers) to any payees you establish. Only catch is I believe that you have to have funds in a US bank account for them to draw against. (BTW, the site looks janky, but myezbills is the "retail customer" front end for Metavante Corporation, which is a gigantic payment processor that serves many of the largest banks, so they are trustworthy... I have been with them since 1999.)

The other option, if you can get a US account, is to go with Bank of America's bill payment service. They will mail checks to anyone in the US, and I don't think they charge anything for their bill payment service. There are other banks that have online banking, but none are as sophisticated as what BofA offers.

samebb
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Luke, check out myezbills.com. For a very low fee, they will send out checks (or do ACH transfers) to any payees you establish. Only catch is I believe that you have to have funds in a US bank account for them to draw against. (BTW, the site looks janky, but myezbills is the "retail customer" front end for Metavante Corporation, which is a gigantic payment processor that serves many of the largest banks, so they are trustworthy... I have been with them since 1999.)

The other option, if you can get a US account, is to go with Bank of America's bill payment service. They will mail checks to anyone in the US, and I don't think they charge anything for their bill payment service. There are other banks that have online banking, but none are as sophisticated as what BofA offers.
    Does it have to be a "US bank account" or a "USD bank account" Chip?

Only reason i ask is i have a US dollar bank account in the UK.

I am not certain, but I believe they are printing checks that are processed through the US federal reserve, which means they would have to be drawn on a US bank. But you can email them to confirm.... I've been very happy with their service and responsiveness.

marcjacob
    I think there is a gap in the market for this. Alot of non us sponsors need this. No one seems to offer it to non us people.

One of the possible issues might be concerns about money laundering. Since 9/11, US banking laws have gotten pretty crazy... we have a great relationship with BofA and they used to do all sorts of things for us, but now, they're limited by the Patriot Act.

I can see that a company who took offshore money in and issued checks might either fall under the Patriot Act restrictions or earlier anti-money-laundering regulations.

marcjacob
    I didnt think of that, but yeah i can see how that would work.