Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NATS ... I'm going to scream

Dzinerbear

NATS ... I'm going to scream

I know NATS is a great thing for all you sponsors out there, but it sure is a pain in the ass for webmasters. Why must we re-signup with a program and switch all of our codes? This is about the fourth time this month I've been asked to do this.

Honestly, I have better things to do than chase referral codes across 10 websites for a multi-site program.

I just had one site ask me to sign up again and change my ccbill codes to Verotel. Geez ... now there's a marketing mistake.

Another program switched to NATS about a month ago and I watched my sales plummet to nothing. So now I'm pestering the program owner to get them to tweak their program so I actually get credited for sales. Apparently there are a lot of options, you know.

This sure is one of the irritating sides of this business.

Michael

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Irritating is being mild... you must be in a mellow mood as I'd call it downright discombobulating... :cheekymonkey:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Dzinerbear
    Well, I've been mean enough over the past couple of days, so I'm on a mean diet.

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    Honestly, I have better things to do than chase referral codes across 10 websites for a multi-site program.
    You just answered your own question

A lot of programs who do switch over to a new affiliate, actually count on the fact that their affiliates WONT find all of the links they are using on their sites, thus making the program money whilst not crediting the affiliate.

Several years ago when MaxCash closed down all of their straight fetish sites, link codes were going to 'redirect' to other sites in their program indefinately with the affiliates ID intact, after about 1 month affiliate IDs were dropped in the redirects and never put back.... Id love to know how those well branded sites sell today, even though they havent been 'around' in almost 4 years, because i guarantee they do.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I can't speak for any other webmasters, but when we made the switch to NATS, it was seamless for our affiliates, because we made sure that all of the existing referral codes properly forwarded to NATS and credited the sales to the referring affiliates.

NATS is capable of doing this, and it isn't difficult to set up. If the program you're working with isn't doing that, they may not be aware of how to do it... it's pretty easy.

As for taking referral links down after a month... all I can say is that sounds like an unethical sponsor. We converted in August '06, and old CCBill links are still generating traffic and sales for our affiliates. I can't see any reason why we'd ever remove the forwarding to NATS, since it doesn't cost us anything and ensures our affiliates get credit, even for the errant banner or gallery they posted somewhere a long time ago. We actually double check every month or so to make sure that everything is still working properly, and so far , we haven't had any hiccups.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I can't speak for any other webmasters, but when we made the switch to NATS, it was seamless for our affiliates, because we made sure that all of the existing referral codes properly forwarded to NATS and credited the sales to the referring affiliates.

NATS is capable of doing this, and it isn't difficult to set up. If the program you're working with isn't doing that, they may not be aware of how to do it... it's pretty easy.

As for taking referral links down after a month... all I can say is that sounds like an unethical sponsor. We converted in August '06, and old CCBill links are still generating traffic and sales for our affiliates. I can't see any reason why we'd ever remove the forwarding to NATS, since it doesn't cost us anything and ensures our affiliates get credit, even for the errant banner or gallery they posted somewhere a long time ago. We actually double check every month or so to make sure that everything is still working properly, and so far , we haven't had any hiccups.
    Yep Nats did the same exact thing for us and our webmasters didn't have to change any link codes or signup again. I'm not sure why programs that switch to Nats wouldn't do this.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

I don't mind having to update links once in a while. It's usually one entry in our database regardless of where we have the link/ad displaying.

I do get really irritated when sponsors make a major change like this and don't notify their affiliates. They may post a news item on their site, but no Email sent out. I've even seen large sponsors release new sites with no announcement to their affiliates. That's just crazy.

Video Rob
    All the programs i've been with that have done it have carried the old links or left them as they are.

I always see and increase in sales when a sponsor switches to NATS

marcjacob
    Well Hunk Money is the latest doing this i see. I cant believe theyve given until April 30th???

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip
    When I asked about this, I was told it was difficult and did not really work and it was best to start fresh to ensure webmasters were credited properly. I am asking about it again.

Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob
    Well Hunk Money is the latest doing this i see. I cant believe theyve given until April 30th???
    why? I think that is extremely fair and its about 6 weeks more than most programs give. And only 24 hours later, about 80% of all active affiliates have already re-signed up. Please remember that HunkMoney is still a very small program, but we are changing that with new sites, more marketing materials, free blog content and more support all around. And, imho, its the best time to change over to a better billing system and to give our affiliates the extra revenues from cascading billing, phone billing and way better stats!

cheers,
    Luke

marcjacob
    So do what Sams program did. Allow CCBill sales to go through as before but take no new sign ups for CCBill webmasters. Why is that hard?

Mainly because we are looking at swapping in other billers as our primary, plus continuing to send only to the old ccbill links means you will not get credit for secondary processor billing or phone billing events.

ps...there is a problem with the link code in your sig, its got an extra http and a * in it

marcjacob
    So do a different tour? I just think if id had hundreds of sites with your links on id be pretty pissed off right now.

I have no problem with hunk money as i dont really promote it yet. I am however, sick of programs pulling this stunt.

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    ps...there is a problem with the link code in your sig, its got an extra http and a * in it
    Thanks ill fix!