Thread: Lsass.exe Trojan…

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar

Lsass.exe Trojan…

Hey guys and gals!

Just a heads up…
    If you get an email from Lee or I, with an attachment that you are NOT expecting, be careful.

Some how, I picked up this latest virus last night. And it got past all of the freaking bells and whistle I have here. It started with my firewall stopping the program lsass.exe (export property) from connecting to the net. If I denied the access, Windows had a fatal error and shut down. If I granted access, the son of bitch started sending out emails. Norton’s email scanner was stopping most, but a lot got through too. And that was the only way I knew it was happening - tons of scanning messages were appearing on my desktop.

The kicker was when I went to start Norton to find this bugger; I found that it had disabled my Auto Protect functions.

In the midst of emails flying out of here I tried two suggested solutions – one from Microsoft and one from Symantec, neither worked. I finally had to do a system recovery to end the madness.

So if you have a firewall and it’s asking to allow lsass.exe access to the net WATCH OUT. Out of all the solutions we found, a sys recovery was the only thing that worked.

My best,
    Gary-Alan

TheLegacy
    You can send this trojan to me anyday