Thread: Video Editing Help - Sony Vegas

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Video Editing Help - Sony Vegas

Ok, I am not an idiot...but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do a simple edit with this software! I have captured the clip and now I simply want to edit out the crap from the clip BUT I have tried and failed.

I thought it would be as simple as set the start point you want to cut out THEN set the end point and then delete it. Well...doesn't seem to work that way.

If someone can give me some tips on doing a simple thing like this I would be most grateful!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Drag and drop the clip to the 'trimmer' on the bottom left

There edit the in/out points, double click to select it, the drag and drop to the main window above.

When I first started Vegas it was SO intimidating, but after a day or so it flowed well.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    Thanks for the hint...I will give it a try!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

jaycar

sony vegas

hi
    When I started using that program a few months ago, I nearly smashed my computer. The 'help' section is really of no help at all most of the time. What I found was that I just experimented and once I knew the basics, I was floored to discover what it can actualy do. Its an awesome program and Im still discovering new things. I only got it because its great with HD and now I thinks its the best. Stick with it and u will be glad u did.
    Good luck

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB View Post
    Ok, I am not an idiot...but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do a simple edit with this software! I have captured the clip and now I simply want to edit out the crap from the clip BUT I have tried and failed.

I thought it would be as simple as set the start point you want to cut out THEN set the end point and then delete it. Well...doesn't seem to work that way.

If someone can give me some tips on doing a simple thing like this I would be most grateful!

Lee
    If you can get a copy of Avid Xpress. Its like night and day. Vegas such a terrible designed program. You can get things done 10X faster with Avid

click the start point of the section you want removed, then click the S key. then click the end point and click the S key. then click on the section between the two points and hit delete.

Zappu
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    click the start point of the section you want removed, then click the S key. then click the end point and click the S key. then click on the section between the two points and hit delete.
    That's the way I do it as well

Xstr8guy
    Wow... there are so many different ways to actually edit in Vegas. And I don't do it the same way as anyone else, it seems. I've never even used the trimmer before... never saw the need.

I just click the start point on the bar above the time line and drag to the desired end point then move my mouse pointer down to the desired track right click and select 'cut'. Then just drag the 2 clips together for a crossfade or transition. I'll repeat this procedure a hundred times or more on raw video clip until I have a finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
    hi
    When I started using that program a few months ago, I nearly smashed my computer. ...Its an awesome program and Im still discovering new things.
    Same here, I found it a bit non-intuitive at first but now that I understand the way it works, its the best video editing program around :glasses:

cheers,
    Luke

jaycar

sony vegas

when i first started to use the program, I was begining to think that I was the only one stupid enough to use it. Glad to see I am not, but off course, now I dont think im stupid cause I think its a great program...hard at first but now Im soaring...:high:

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I think I'll just hire an editor. I can see myself pulling my hair out at the roots in frustration

How long have you been gay?
    My video editor uses Vegas and absolutely loves it so I thought I would give it a try. In the first few hours I was beginning to believe that he is crazy, but after discovering a few things I realized that it's a great software. A few weeks have passed since and now I love it to death. Go figure...

Lee, Basschick's advice is great, that's how I do it too and it works.
    Quality custom exclusive gay content at affordable prices.

email: contact(at)tlxproductions(dot)com

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    any software that does a lot like a god editing program wil have a learning curve and it becomes a matter of preference, I have played with all the top ones and ended up using avid. I have tried sony vegas, adobe premier and some smaller ones, although for a basic cut and trim sometimes the more basic programs are better suited and not as complicated, try pinnacles studio 9 for basic editing if you shot everything with 1 camera.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com