Thread: HTML question

wnc

HTML question

Hopefully this is a silly question.

Without using iFrames that is not Google-readable, is there a way that text content, for example a blog, assuming sizing is similar, could be imported into a non-php webpage.

Let me explain. Most of you know that I tend to write in the heat of the moment with some of the topic discussions here, especially after hours of work and a few glasses of wine.

I certainly do not have the talents of many of the wonderful writers here.

Yet blogs seemingly now gets TOO much attention from Google, and personally I think it is already getting abused. Even though the ship left shore long ago (in other words I am reacting), I am now feeling forced to create a blog. Since it takes me time to write, I would like to use my text elsewhere automatically, without the droll copy-paste, thus the question.

you can use php includes in non-php pages if you set up your server or site (via htaccess) to parse the html page as php.....does that help?

cheers,
    Luke

wnc
    Thank you very much for responding

I had though really hoped for a non-PHP solution ChiliHost.

I have heard nightmares of PHP having back doors, yet another reason I avoided PHP use on my dedicated server. Maybe I am just old-fashioned.

When it comes to PHP, I am in the dark closet, with seemingly no way to escape except to pay someone for their knowledge.

So... without PHP, what I envision is not viable ChiliHost?

I am sure there is some way to do it but I can't think of a different way right now??? Anyone else know of a different way to do this?

as for php being unsecure, its pretty much always the script that is unsecure. If you are only using php as a method to include server files, there is no upload or interactive functionality so imho it would not present a security issue.

...or maybe someone else will make a suggestion here.

cheers,
    Luke

Xstr8guy
    Lee, didn't you manage to do something like this about 6 months ago using some straight html?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Lee, didn't you manage to do something like this about 6 months ago using some straight html?
    Yep i did

Regards,

Lee