Thread: Drug Overdose...

Making Pain Pay!

Drug Overdose...

Shocking....

I was suspecting something else.... :disguise:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070326/...a_nicole_smith
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    As expected

She was a fuckup to the very end.

Regards,

Lee

She was purposely enabled by hkstern wasn't she? If you're to fucked up to barely talk you don't make orders for lists of drugs, fax them, then when denied try other venues and when you finally get them stumble into the drug store barely able to speak to fill the orders, and get them filled.

Anyone else smell a rat here?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

desslock
    We are in many ways a pill popping society. You can get angry at the doctors, friends, pharmacists or the evil pharmaceutical corporations, but when it comes right down to it, people today insist on taking drugs for just about everything.

When you go see a shrink, they don't talk to you anymore, they give you pills. If you can't sleep they give you pills. If you get colds and flu, they have pills. Get the chicken pox? There's a vaccine for that. I think it's pretty normal for most people to go to see the doctor for a problem, and expect to get a script for something. And if the doctor says, you'll live, get through it, they probably get pissed off.

I couldn't assign "blame" for the situation to anyone really except for the decedent. How much? I have no idea. We all make mistakes.

Steve

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Well... though... it didn't used to be like that, and I think the change in public perception is probably coincident with the torrent of pharmaceutical advertising.

I've also long thought that part of the epidemic of drug use among youth is also tied to pharmaceutical advertising... from the time they are 3 or 4, kids are bombarded with advertising that says "Anxious? Ask your doctor about ________. Got erectile dysfunction? USe ____________. Got allergies, take _________. So they see that and they begin to get the mindset that taking some sort of pill will alter their consciousness in a positive way, so why *not* try E, Oxys, Ritalin, etc.

I do agree that patients want drugs when they go to the doctor, but I think to a large extent, they've been trained to ask for them.

I guess I'm pretty lucky that, in my later 40s, I don't have any health issues that require me to take any prescription meds, and I've not had the need to take *anything* (including ibuprofen, aspirin, etc) except for maybe three times in the past 10 years. And that also means that, most of the time, when I get sick with a cold or flu, I realize that going to the doctor is pointless because unless it's bacterial, there won't be much he can do for it anyway.

desslock
    Well I'm with you on pills personally.

Of course, we part ways yet again on the cause of the problems. As someone who has worked in sales, if only advertising and marketing was all that was needed to create demand and product sales.

In 2005, Hollywood studios spent massive amounts of money publicizing their crappy movies, but people just didn't show up. 2005 was a terrible year in theater ticket sales. I do not buy the idea that advertising medicine manipulates people perceptions.

The United States is not the center of the world.

I believe France per capita is the largest country in the world that takes prescription drugs. What are advertising rules there for drugs? I would wager there are far more restrictions on advertising there.

Also, I can argue that effectively making prescription drugs essentially free via public health care or via tiny deductibles from private insurance PROMOTES the overuse of drugs.

If people were spending their own money, instead of the insurance companies, they would factor in how to allocate their resources more efficiently. Of course, I'm NOT referring to someone stricken with colon cancer who could be taking Erbitux.

I'm referring to people with a cold and is offered Tamiflu. Or feels depressed and considers the plethora of drugs in that category.

When I broke my elbow in 1999, my doctor prescribed hydrocodone and soma. I bought the hydrocodone, but skipped the soma as it cost lots more - like $100. If I wasn't paying out of pocket I probably would have taken everything.

I healed up just fine.

Steve

Xstr8guy
    She was taking a little of everything, wasn't she? I saw somewhere (perezhilton maybe) that she was even taking medication to treat warts. Lol.

maybe I'm not gay enough.

So tell me again why I'm supposed to give a shit about some coked-up train-wreck bimbo?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    maybe I'm not gay enough.

So tell me again why I'm supposed to give a shit about some coked-up train-wreck bimbo?
    Jasun,

As far as being gay enough...well come on over and we will see about that. :shades:

As far as a coked up train wreck? Well apparently coke is the ONLY thing they didn't find in her system. :shades:

- Michael
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

daisyswank
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    She was purposely enabled by hkstern wasn't she? If you're to fucked up to barely talk you don't make orders for lists of drugs, fax them, then when denied try other venues and when you finally get them stumble into the drug store barely able to speak to fill the orders, and get them filled.

Anyone else smell a rat here?
    I still think it is fishy