Thread: Check Payments Question..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Check Payments Question..

Anyone know how rebills are handled when a surfer joins a site using a check?

Presumably they need to submit another check at the end of the month if they want to keep their membership?

Do many of you see check sales from your sponsors?

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I think the "check payment" is in actuality a "direct debit from checking account" option.
    So providing the information on the check and paying "by check" actually just provides the processors with the checking account # and routing # of the institution to then make an electronic withdrawal that can recur monthly.
    Like how I pay my DSL bill, for instance. It's a deduction from my checking account, set up by presenting one of my checks for the necessary information that could be gathered from it, and every month the payment's made automatically.

So rather than it going through the lending institution (the bank or credit card company such as Visa or whatever) the transaction is delivered directly between the processor and your account at the banking institution.

Dawgy
    personally i dont think checks are worth the hassle. 50% of them are fake, so they end up being nsf. most people who use checks are kids or password traders, and they also end up nsf. the extra 5-10 signups a day is just not worth it i think.

Lee,

Brian is right, its not an actual cheque but the info that is on it so rebills are just another direct electronic withdrawl.

Dawgy is also right, cheques are extremely unreliable and you will be lucky to get only a 50% chargeback ratio on these. There are quite a few "known" loopholes with cheque processing, unfortunately its the hackers that know those loopholes the best!

cheers,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks for the help everyone

The reason i ask is that one of the sponsors i am using that process with iBill have had a heap of signups using checks in the last few days (over 20 of them) so i was wondering what the chances of renewals will be.. guess time will tell :groovy:

Regards,

Lee

Jason
    ...ahem...

123bill can handle rebills...np

keep us in mind lee