Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tony's Rant on Gas Prices (again)

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar

Tony's Rant on Gas Prices (again)

so here we are again (as ray-gun used to say) -

tax season (goodie), higher prices at the pump, a downturn in home sales, a spiraling number of out-of-control mortgage foreclosures, skyrocketing prices at the grocery store (milk in LA predicted to be $4.00 a gallon by the end of summer) and bizarre market behavior around the globe - (except here in BH where everything is glazed over with the smell of new Bentleys and the freshly windexed smell of the new Van Cleef and Arpels store windows) - how do our neighbors do it?

what does this all have to do with the price of tea in China? and how does this have any effect on our member sales?

I dunno, but my guess is that people will want to stay home more, eat in and do their entertaining on line or my mail - this happened the last time we had a major blip (that's what I called it) - I remember people wanting to stay home, re-model their kitchens and baths and home entertainment centers - HomeDepot reached all time high sales figures - look at them now - ain't happening... (just have some gonzo style vids going of their managers murdering customers...)

I guess that there's only so much granite available for all those acres and acres of new countertops that have blanketed American kitchens since 9/11

we're hopeful that we will see strong sales - more broad-band hook-ups, more lube, more new Macs and PC's, (hopefully Macs), etc.... thinking otherwise is downright un-American!

maxpower
    I think your being over optimistic, if gas prices go way up or taxes it will only hurt sales just like it did the last time. Not sure gas prices will go up that much next year, think all this Iran mess will be over this week. Really the only big Boom we are going to see is a popular new devilry system.

Really all that sounds good, but not the way it works.

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    I think your being over optimistic, if gas prices go way up or taxes it will only hurt sales just like it did the last time. Not sure gas prices will go up that much next year, think all this Iran mess will be over this week. Really the only big Boom we are going to see is a popular new devilry system.

Really all that sounds good, but not the way it works.
    you must be joking Max! gas has already risen above $3.50 here in LA and is predicted to climb higher before summer (traditionally when prices soar) -

and I don't much about "devil"ry worship - don't think that will work in this case...

maxpower
    The new “Delivery System” is really the only Big industry wide boom I can see happening now. And LA gas prices are always high, and ya it will get a bit worse in the summer, but that’s the same as every year. I think all this is being way over played by the media, and it will be nothing compared to the New Orleans disaster.

Not much will happen, but if it does it will hurt sales not help them. Do not think the coming year looks all rosy yet I am not saying the sky is falling either. But if gas prices go up to lets say 5$ then I think we see a 10-15% drop in sales.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    1 liter regular unleaded is € 1.30
    1 Gallon is 3.7 liters
    so 1 gallon costs $ 6.559

Donations are VERY welcome here - please inquire for wire information

oh, and easter is on its way for inclined prices - as usual for every holiday
    :-D

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    oh , and a gallon of milk is $2.66 here - roughly - I calculated with 4 instead of 3.77

:-D

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    1 liter regular unleaded is € 1.30
    1 Gallon is 3.7 liters
    so 1 gallon costs $ 6.559

Donations are VERY welcome here - please inquire for wire information

oh, and easter is on its way for inclined prices - as usual for every holiday
    Ya but you guys lost the war what do you expect? :egg:

Making Pain Pay!
    And you live on a fricken rock in the middle of the ocean.

I have to agree though that the higher gas gets it might help those of us online. Not sure though, I have not been around long enough online to track more than a year.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post

I have to agree though that the higher gas gets it might help those of us online. Not sure though, I have not been around long enough online to track more than a year.
    What are you saying? That no one will work with me? I hope thats not ture, I do try to do my best for everyone I work with.

I have been around and higher gas prices are NOT going to help sales. Like I said its nice thinking but these things only hurt sales, as people have less disposable income, and less consumer confidence. This more than makes up for any + you might get from more people staying home, and worrying about gas prices, taxes, terrorist, losing their job, or anything else you can list.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    hmmm... this comment is in very bad taste.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    hmmm... this comment is in very bad taste.
    Was just a 1/2 joke, just playing with him. I am sure he knows that :p

Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post

i have no problem with people that live on a fricken rock in the middle of the ocean.

sincerely ~ GWW ambassador to hawaii

gas prices are always high here , hawaii produces nothing so we must import everything. (interpreted: you maineland people are so spoiled and oblivious to those outside your world which have it harder and must deal with more important issues like the choice between gas or food , i'm sorry but i cannot be sympathetic.)

sincerely ..."greetings from the forgotten..err..50th state!"...

p.s ~ warning: i'm filing taxes this week! , i'm a bit hostile! :fool:

maxpower
    gas prices are always high here , hawaii produces nothing so we must import everything. (interpreted: you maineland people are so spoiled and oblivious to those outside your world which have it harder and must deal with more important issues like the choice between gas or food , i'm sorry but i cannot be sympathetic.)

sincerely ..."greetings from the forgotten..err..50th state!"...

p.s ~ warning: i'm filing taxes this week! , i'm a bit hostile! :fool:
    Let me stay on you couch for my vacation

Making Pain Pay!
    i have no problem with people that live on a fricken rock in the middle of the ocean.

sincerely ~ GWW ambassador to hawaii
    Nor do I, I was only explaining why his gas prices might be a little higher...thats all. I try to visit Hawaii at least once a year, but we don't drive when we are there, we scooter and bus, so I could care less what gas prices are.

In fact, I wish we had better public transport where I lived, because I would sell my car, and subway it everyday. Better for the wallet, better for the environment, and better for me. But alas...
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip: