Thread: Imus

wnc

Imus

There is a radio program from NYC that is carried live on MSNBC.

I have just returned from a Easter family event. I do not know all the details. Seems that MSNBC cable will not broadcast the "IMUS in the morning" for the next two weeks.

It seems one AFRICAN-AMERICAN comment offends many.

WHAT about anti-GAY comments?

maxpower
    The whole thing is stupid, I am personally really sick of the double stander we have to live by. Personally I am offended by the raciest crap I have to lesson to from about every black entertainment show or movies I have just about ever seen. Yet I never hear anything about that, and we are supposed to feel sorry for these people and just let all this stuff go.

maxpower
    God I know I am going to take some crap over saying that, yet NOTHING I said was not ture, see this is the problem I was talking about

lots of people say stupid, ignorant and prejudiced things that offend.

but isn't making them not say it censorship? and aren't we supposed to have freedom of speech - even the speech that people don't like to hear?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    The funny thing is... what Imus said is certainly no worse than anything Carlos Mencia gets *paid* to say.

It was the intent (or rather, thoughtlessness) of it that offended people.

I think it's an overreaction, but then again, I also don't get horribly offended when someone makes a gay slur either. I just chalk it up to ignorance.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Haven't been following this story much so don't really have anything to contribute other than that Ann Coulter is a nappy-headed ho.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

maxpower
    I don’t know now the more I hear these girls, the more I am starting to dislike these comments. I think he might really lose his job now, not because MR Jackson or any of the other media vampire’s, but these girls statements are hard to argue with.

maxpower
    This was one of the biggest moments of these girls lives, while I do not think on the surface these comment where by far the most offending thing I have seen. But the more I think about it the more of a bad taste I get in my mouth.

Sorry last post

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    As long as I don't have ot see his dumb ass sitting in front of his mic wearing that big ass cowboy hat and a scarf. Dude bugged the shit out of me.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    lots of people say stupid, ignorant and prejudiced things that offend.

but isn't making them not say it censorship? and aren't we supposed to have freedom of speech - even the speech that people don't like to hear?
    EXACTLY!!!

Freedom of speech means tolerating the fact that someone else gets to have a point of view you might not like, in order for you to have the freedom to have a point of view other people won't like.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    The whole thing is stupid, I am personally really sick of the double stander we have to live by. Personally I am offended by the raciest crap I have to lesson to from about every black entertainment show or movies I have just about ever seen. Yet I never hear anything about that, and we are supposed to feel sorry for these people and just let all this stuff go.
    I would think that, but I dunno. When I think back to when I heard public black comments like IMUS', I can't think of a time when the black offender wasn't taken to task. But I've heard plenty of remarks against blacks, immigrants, gays etc. that go on unchallenged completely.

In the case of entertainment, I would say that black offensive comments and white offensive comments towards blacks are pretty even. And no one says anything. I mean SNL has done everything short of using the "N" word, and that Wayans Show ("Living Color"?) did the same.

I was challenged on all of this not long ago when a black friend of a friend asked me to actually name the rap records with the disparaging comments towards whites.

In the end I don't think there has been a black radio personality with millions of viewers and with politicians voicing their views and giving the host of the show credibility who did what Imus did. Those were young ladies. And we're not even getting into the implied gay-bashing of it all. I'd take MYSELF off the radio out of shame.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    The funny thing is... what Imus said is certainly no worse than anything Carlos Mencia gets *paid* to say.
    You mean what Carlos Mencia gets paid to STEAL

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Looks like MSNBC fired him today... :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Madame0120
    I won't be watching MSNBC again! :loser:

IMUS GETS A WHOOPIN'