Thread: typographical errors

wnc

typographical errors

Over the past few months I have been working on a review site, adding features that some might consider makes it more blog-like in nature.

Like many affiliates, I get emails offering imagery to assist in marketing. I usually visit the website tours to garnish text to augment the image presentation.

I am amazed at the number of typographical errors I have been seeing recently with a few sites. Take MEN AT PLAY for example:

"When it comes to working under Carlos' command, its it's generally accepted that there is zero tolerance for any cocky behaviour. So when Glenn sets his sights on him, he finds that his sexual games are not welcome by the strict boss and doesnt doesn't quite get the reaction he usually gets from other guys. Instead Gelnn Glenn finds himself in the receiving end of a hard but suprisingly surprisingly erotic spanking, from Carlos' firm hand. With the tables truned turned and the power restored Carlos proceeds to work on Glenns Glenn's perfectly muscular ass, as he pulls down his trousers and gives his tight virgin hole a rimming he will never forget."

There are many quality sites like Corbin Fisher that I have never seen a mistake.

With a site like Men at Play, are they rushing their updates too quickly without a proof reader? Or is the text just a decoration and rather a burden?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think literacy in the US is at an all time low. It's pretty amazing to see some of the stuff written even by recent college graduates.

I suspect that a lot of the people writing the text are simply unaware of the errors they are making. Certainly some of them are just oversights, but in a lot of cases, I think the writers have no idea that what they're writing is incorrect.

And as far as the surfers go, I think a lot of people never even notice; they either don't read the text, are too busy jerking off to pay attention, or just don't care. But, like you, I'm one of those who does find the grammatical and syntactic errors to be a major detraction to a site, even if it's otherwise well done.

maxpower
    I have a spelling error on my tour (shocking I know) yet this has been a low priority of mine to fix as I really don’t think most viewers read any of that crap to start with. Yet this problem is the next on my list to fix, but as I change my text for the whole tour this time, I am thinking about using a front that will be less legible and more visually pleasing.

In fact when writing personally Bio’s spelling errors and a few slang words only improve a viewers experience. Anyone that has read tom sawyer will get that I am sure.

I was also told the other day that people with wide screen monitors might be seeing a small problem on my 2nd tour page, but that will be addressed if need be at the same time as the text change

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    there is something to be said about "healthy" typos that can decorate text and create a certain mystique and intrigue thus enhancing readers' fantasies...

funky and nasty is sometimes desirable unless perhaps the writer is describing a scene at the Harvard Law Library....

thing is, if people are more concerned with the typos than the content, the content must suck big time or there are WAY MANY typos -

syntax bothers me more than typos... but then, Tony don't know nothin' 'bout syntax neither

something we learned long ago when making films "if people are more concerned with the sets and backgrounds, their not looking at the action!"

another Tonyism is that (sp?) correctly?

ha ha, fooled ya "they're not" not "their not" - woopsie, made a syntax error - (I kid Cam about this all the time - its that California education of his!)

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I think literacy in the US is at an all time low. It's pretty amazing to see some of the stuff written even by recent college
    Menatplay.com is a British site.
    I have noticed that the Brits often drop the apostrophe in possessive nouns. Maybe it's not a hard and fast rule in the UK.

Btw, I'm sure you have caught some of my typos.
    Text writing is the last thing I do on an update. And after a a particularly grueling update, I let some typos get through because of fatigue.