Thread: Serious Business Thread...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Serious Business Thread...

I was just wondering if any of you folks could think of a company/individual that has bought a property from a succesfull company and still keep that purchased property profitable?

There have been several larger site/program purchases over the past 5 years that i can think of however, looking back now, those programs are either falling by the wayside or have closed up shop completely.

What is it that makes someone spend hundreds or thousands, even millions on sites and programs and run them in to the ground?

If you folks can think of a high value transaction that has taken place over the last 5 years, that has kept its profitability for the new owner id love to hear about it

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Didn't Bedfellow just recently change hands?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Didn't Bedfellow just recently change hands?
    For that to apply to this thread, it would have had to have been 'successfull' in the first place though $0.02

Im thinking more along the lines of sites like sex.com that sold for millions, yet dont appear to be making any financial, or adding any intrinsic value to the new owners.

Regards,

Lee

I know of quite a few, in most cases others don't even realise these changes of ownership are taking place and the acquiring companies want to keep it that way...so far all the ones I know about have been very successful.

names, of course, are being withheld to protect the innocent

cheers,
    Luke

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I dunno if this counts, but half of the ownership of what is now Gaybucks changed in 2004, when AJ bought out my former partner, and the result was that we grew about 1000%

Maybe part of the success or failure lies with whether or not a significant portion of the management team sticks around for an extended period after the purchase. I would guess that even the sharpest new buyer coming into an established site would have a tough time understanding the subtleties of the market and niche for that site unless the previous management sticks around for an extended period to educate the new owners.