Thread: Did the FSC fail 2257 ?

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. procam's Avatar

Did the FSC fail 2257 ?

http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/

Domain parked :cheekymonkey:

We trust these people ?

Quote Originally Posted by citiboyz View Post
    I dont know if you're a member or not by my last member newsletter bears this ~~

Dear Members of FSC,

You can view the latest Free Speech Coalition X-Press at:

http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/xpress/X13

Thank you,

FSC Team

Quote Originally Posted by procam View Post
    I dont know if you're a member or not by my last member newsletter bears this ~~

Dear Members of FSC,

You can view the latest Free Speech Coalition X-Press at:

http://www.freespeechcoalition.com/xpress/X13

Thank you,

FSC Team
    Oh, I see that now. Yes, we're an FSC member, and I always read the newsletter, except for this one :-(

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Its an industry crisis, please send the FSC more funds so they can fight the war against expiring domain names!!!!

Regards,

Lee

LMGDAO!! :bullcrap:

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I want to provide some quotes from the Order on Plaintiff's Motion for Summary Judgment in the FSC case [filed March 30 2007]

That ruling really handed FSC its ass on a platter. These passages, written by the Judge, trouble me:

"Moreover, in applying intermediate scrutiny to the facts of this case, I note that little has changed since my prior ruling, as Plaintiffs [FSC] have not produced any additional evidence in response to the Attorney General's summary judgment motion." Page 7

Why was there no action by the FSC on this issue? I always write something at each opportunity to make my case.

Regarding the changes made to 2257 by the Adam Walsh Act:

"Although neither party informed the court of these critical changes, the 2006 amendments appear to essentially restate the Attorney General's regulations--thus rendering [FSC's] ultra vires claim moot" Page 6 and 7

Why did neither party bring up the changes to the law???

I am also concerned about the claims of protection only applying to FSC members. There are very sound legal arguments that hold a preliminary injunction could not forbid enforcement of a law against one class of people [members of an organization] but allow law enforcement to indict non-members for violation of that law. I know what the Federal Rules say, but I also know about the Constitution, and the only way that that injunction could protect members but NOT non-members would be if the Constitution did not apply. The Constitution always applies, and it trumps Federal Rules. I feel that the whole "protection" argument was misleading.

I am concerned that FSC has not promoted the benefits of membership -- and other than being part of the lawsuit, which arguably would protect even non-members, I am not sure what the benefits of membership actually are.

Can someone tell me what the tangible benefits of membership in the FSC actually are?
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post

Can someone tell me what the tangible benefits of membership in the FSC actually are?

At this point..a tax deduction..that's about it. And I'm joking about that.

desslock
    Hey, I just visited www.freespeechcoalition.org and finally looked around.

I think the fact that they stood up to Public Citizen on something would be worth about fifty bucks right there.

Steve