Thread: Are More WM's Keeping Hold Of Their Own Traffic?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Are More WM's Keeping Hold Of Their Own Traffic?

I just had a conversation with someone on ICQ about sending them a couple of thousand hits every day because they need more surfer traffic, well actually to be fair, it was a one-sided conversation because they wanted me to send them traffic and they didnt seem to understand that pretty much every surfer hit i get these days i send to Condom Cash.

That got me thinking, am i alone in this or are more webmasters sending traffic to their own products these days instead of sending it off to sponsor sites?

With the cost of launching a paysite being so low (under $500) and with affiliate traffic levels dropping, are more affiliate webmasters beginning to understand the TRUE value of their traffic, to themselves?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    I buy some PPC gay traffic every month, but the bulk of ours is generated through our 4 hubs.

They are growing slow but steady, and I have about 20 banner spots still open on the gay hub.

What I have found is the most sastifying part of managing the hubs is the new folks I get to add to our growing network of Friendly Partners. The big guys can just throw huge amts of traffic at their sites, I have to be more exacting with my budget.

Traffic is a booger bear!

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I just had a conversation with someone on ICQ about sending them a couple of thousand hits every day because they need more surfer traffic, well actually to be fair, it was a one-sided conversation because they wanted me to send them traffic and they didnt seem to understand that pretty much every surfer hit i get these days i send to Condom Cash.

That got me thinking, am i alone in this or are more webmasters sending traffic to their own products these days instead of sending it off to sponsor sites?

With the cost of launching a paysite being so low (under $500) and with affiliate traffic levels dropping, are more affiliate webmasters beginning to understand the TRUE value of their traffic, to themselves?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

hmm, i would think that paysites made for under $500 wouldnt retain worth shit and you would therefor be better off sending it to a pps sponsor ??

please show me a quality site that was launched for under $500 ? i am sure i am not alone in wanting to see one ...

but yea, i think more and more big traffic generators are sending their sufers to their own programs.. makes business sense too imo.. that way you have fewer links in the income chain that can screw you over for $$ etc..

ofcause you take on some of the work too, like support and content purchase for updates etc.. but it still makes sense from a business point of view imo

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    please show me a quality site that was launched for under $500 ? i am sure i am not alone in wanting to see one ...
    Foreskin Fantasy + Retro Male only cost me $125 each and the average retention for both those sites is 8 months right now

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Foreskin Fantasy + Retro Male only cost me $125 each and the average retention for both those sites is 8 months right now

Regards,

Lee
    does this in clude the content inside the member areas?
    :-D

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    does this in clude the content inside the member areas?
    Yes, because we owned most of the content already anyway due to having been buying it for over 10yrs

All the new stuff we've been buying with revenue the site generated

Regards,

Lee

Yes, because we owned most of the content already anyway due to having been buying it for over 10yrs

All the new stuff we've been buying with revenue the site generated

Regards,

Lee
    Ah, ok - then it makes sense - if you already have the content than you "just" need to pay for the site design (tour etc) and the member area design... thats not toooo much then

Ah, ok - then it makes sense - if you already have the content than you "just" need to pay for the site design (tour etc) and the member area design... thats not toooo much then
    Exactly, and most webmasters i know have their own content

Thats why i laugh when i see people throwing figures out like $10k, $15k, $100k when it comes to people asking how much it costs to make a paysite, its like everyone suddenly gets 'stupid' and forgets that they can use the content they ALREADY own inside the members area and buy new stuff as needed with profit.

Regards,

Lee

well, yeah, but if youhave only lets say twink content and want to open a bear site then you have to buy quite some sets to make it a worthwhile start - lucky if you already have all sorts of sets

well, yeah, but if youhave only lets say twink content and want to open a bear site then you have to buy quite some sets to make it a worthwhile start - lucky if you already have all sorts of sets
    Well if you have twink content and want to open a bear site, you are doing something wrong by only buying twink content LOL

It makes more sense, if you have a load of twink content, because you have been marketing twink sites, to launch a twink site of your own.

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    ah well to be honest i dont think you can set it up like that..

i understand that you had the content in the first place but that doesnt make it a zero factor in the cost of the site imo as you still had to buy it at some point in time and it therefor had a cost..

But ofcourse if you want to set it up that way i can see how you can make a quality site for a few pennies imo its no a correct way to look at the cost though but that might just be me..

must admit i am impressed with the sites especially retromale ... looks good and am sure they are doing well for you...

Would you do me a favor though ? try giving us a ball park figure on what you spend on the content what was used for the sites before you launched them ?

Gay is the new Black
    Another item to point out is, Was the content used on another of your sites? Did you filter everything and pull out all the uncut sets so they are ALSO hosted together on one site as apposed to throughout 5 or 6.

It is smart use of content, over time, but the average affiliate turning program owner or newb opening up a paysite is not going to have a stockpile of content at arms reach. Leading to a higher cost of launch.

It's a catch 22 comment that only applies to the seasoned webmasters.
    Be Who You Are!

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Would you do me a favor though ? try giving us a ball park figure on what you spend on the content what was used for the sites before you launched them ?
    In the last 10 or so years we've easily spent 100k on content.

The good thing though, it made its money back within a week or s buying it so anything it made after that was all profit

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Another item to point out is, Was the content used on another of your sites? Did you filter everything and pull out all the uncut sets so they are ALSO hosted together on one site as apposed to throughout 5 or 6.
    All the content in side the sites is niche specific, if thats what you mean, uncut guys are featured in Foreskin Fantasy, retro content is featured inside Retro Male, etc.

It is smart use of content, over time, but the average affiliate turning program owner or newb opening up a paysite is not going to have a stockpile of content at arms reach. Leading to a higher cost of launch.

It's a catch 22 comment that only applies to the seasoned webmasters.
    Well imho, only webmasters who know how to market should open a paysite, thats not even looking at the program aspect of things so yes, it does, and should only apply to the seasoned webmaster.

It took me 5 years before i felt comfortable enough to open my first paysite and another 2 before i launched Condom Cash.

So many newbs launch a paysite with an affiliate program thinking they are going to be millionaires by this time next year, 3 months later, they are nowhere to be found.

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    In the last 10 or so years we've easily spent 100k on content.

The good thing though, it made its money back within a week or s buying it so anything it made after that was all profit

Regards,

Lee
    hehe i figured that would be the case.. content does pay for it self most of the time