Thread: Paysites / Tour Pages - What Works Best?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Paysites / Tour Pages - What Works Best?

Just working on a few new site concepts for Stud Money right now and started wondering about the actual amount of tour pages on the sites themselves, has anyone noticed higher conversions on sites that have a specific amount of tour pages?

What i mean is, a site that has say 1 tour page and a join page, does that convert better for you than a site that has 3 tour pages and a join page or, do you not see a noticable difference?

Ive been looking over various sponsors stats that we use and in all honesty, we dont really see any significant difference between the amount of tour pages and signup we get although, as we all have different sources of traffic i figured i would ask the rest of you to see if you had any stats available that helps you decide which sponsor to send traffic to based on their sites / tours.

So have you noticed if any amount of paysite tour pages seems to convert better for you over another?

Regards,

Lee

back when ars had useful stats, i noticed more people going through the entire tours and joining from page three. also on my avs sites, i see better sales if i have at least two tour pages (not counting warning or join).

seems like my surfers like to wander around before making a choice *grin*

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I'd agree with the previous poster, basschick. 3 or 4 pages seems to be a good number that works assuming that the page loads fast, has good ad copy mixed with good graphics.

Also if you are aiming for the SE market then definately you want more tour pages than less so you can attract the bots better and such.

Surfers enjoying being stroked, and one or two pages just doesn't get enough strokes in for most... imho.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks for the replys so far :groovy:

Now another quick related question...

Do you think that by offering 3 or 4 tour pages you stand the chance of losing surfers off the tours?

For example a 4 page tour telling them everything a 1 or 2 page tour could?

Regards,

Lee

my ratios were better, so if i lost a few, i gained better sales to make up for it. i sometimes do okay with a two pager, but never as well on a one pager unless it's a free join.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    In my opinion no. Simply put there is always a join now link on all tour pages, the idea as I see it being that some may only need one tour page to convince before they hit that button, it is the one's you don't convince right off that will proceed further until you either sign them or lose them...

I think too though that most tours don't take enough time to tweak and refine the actual ad copy. It isn't just about listing a feature, its to me anyhow, about selling it. That in itself is a difficult chore that many sites forget about or gloss over.

Each tour page to me, has to be a stand alone selling page. The other's are there if that one page simply can't do it or can't address the issue the surfer is wanting...

just my opinion though.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online