Thread: WM Information exchange

Gay is the new Black

WM Information exchange

Every once and a while I see a thread that almost deserves a “sticky” but when reading through the replies, can see why it’s not.

Example: Password trader

Where it makes a great thread for people to join in and offer a more complete listing and exchange of known traders, it sits idle with “Thanks” or “Why bother” – Props to Procam for adding to the information

Is this because there is a majority of affiliates and this is a program owner issue?

Now I can understand if it’s a “What makes you the most money” thread. People are tight lipped when it comes to a “True” working program, strategy, marketing goldmine.

Another Example of the threads that get blown over and end up on page two are the “CC scammer” or “Affiliate Scammer” warnings

For reasons of Public Interest and information exchange – why don’t more webmasters offer the expansion of these lists with additional information?

Sadly, when I see these threads fall to the side, It only drives the idea of this being more of your “Spam other WM’s with YOUR business than a true webmaster exchange.

[side note] Yes, I do see a lot of helpful information being passed to one another, but on more light handed issues such as: How to rotate a header image, fav ico help and test this site [/side note]
    Be Who You Are!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know, its been like that for as long as i can remember on public forums, someone will start a thread about a hotlinker, password trader, traffic cheat or whatever and everyone will say 'thanks' and leave it at that.

Its actually kind of reminiscent of what happened with all the Reece Dylan stuff, we all know there are several companies who go burnt by this scumbag who STILL havent made any information about him public, can you imagine what would have happened if his very first victim outed him as a scammer from day one? I doubt he'd have been able to scam people continually to the tune of $200k+ thats for sure.

Yet time and time again, people dont add to these types of lists, i guess because they either dont want to admit they were scammed and risk being made fun of publicly (which i have NEVER seen happen yet) or, because they simply dont care... Until it happens to them again.

It is kind of worrying actually because if a password trader gets 1 person, you know full well he's going to try and get someone else and, arent we all supposed to be looking out for one another and helping each other grow our businesses, through the good AND the bad?

Regards,

Lee

A lot of content producers don't post anymore, maybe that has something to do with it?

I know I get a LOT of ICQ's from people about posts on boards thanking me, or giving me more information. When I ask why they don't post what they know publicly etc they say they don't want to get their company involved or get dragged down from the crooks attacking them publicly, or attacking their business privately.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

wnc
    I know I would not wish to step on your toes Squirt, for you seem to take the torch of attack frequently.