Thread: Do You Find It Hard To Try New Design Styles?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Find It Hard To Try New Design Styles?

I have a guy working on some sites for me now and his design style isnt typically what i 'like' but im under the impression that this guys tours do sell quite well.

The problem is, im finding it really hard to send him changes and stuff because his tour style is so different to what *I* am used to working with o ultimately, if the tours dont end up selling, im not really going to be able to say conclusively that it was his tour or whether they didnt sell because of *my* changes.

Do you folks find it hard working with someone who has a different style than you in the design department and if so, how do you deal with overcoming this, or dont you?

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Do You Find It Hard To Try New Design Styles?
    I do

As you might know via my posts over the last year or so I've spent thousands of dollars on new design styles, yet I've stayed with my current look for a couple years now.

Design is very specific for surfers, like lures to fish. Use a lure that is just a tad off color, or design, and you wont catch the right fish, if any at all.

Know what I mean?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar
    I think it's a bit of give and take with a designer, if you say this guy knows how to design, and he has built some nice sites that convert, then i would let him run with his ideas and give them a try. That being said if he comes up with something that is way too complicated, and confusing, and you know it will affect sales, then i would step in and make some refinements. I think every site owner should have some basic knowledge of good design, or at least have a good idea of the type of look and image you want to create before you even sit down with your designer. Site design and trends are allways changing, i put up a post several weeks ago looking for new trends in design. I can tell you that surfers are developing a much more refined taste when it comes to good design. That and the fact most are on high speed and there are allot more sites out there, mean you are going to need a site design that stands out from the rest of the pack, to get an advantage.
    Finally design is a subjective thing, i laugh at some of the site reviews i have read, or even some of the feedback on these boards regarding site design. I have seen sites i really like the design of, get panned, and i have seen other sites that i think are very average, get great reviews. My advice would be to get feedback from a variety of people on the design. You will see a concensus on areas of the design people don't like if you ask enough people. But take some chances and test the waters with your design, if it does not convert then make some changes. I know with my sites i am tweeking things with the tour pages and design every month. That's what i love about the online business you can make changes, and very quickly you can see the effect on your sales.

Looking for content ;)
    am working with a design company on a mainstream project right now and they are pulling all the shots.. totally new design style and i just let them do it to gain some insite into what they figure will work for the niche etc..

i love trying out new styles, types etc but it can get costly if you mess it up too much so always have a backup that you know will work.. thats what gives me the best results..