Thread: Tristin's AIDS Ride (Need Help)

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely Tristin's Avatar

Yeah Tristin's AIDS Ride (Need Help)

Greetings all, I don't know if I am allowed to post this here or not. So if it violates any rules feel free to delete it and accept my apology. I have just launched my AIDS Ride fund raiser for this year. Last year I road 560 miles over 7 days in the Empire State AIDS Ride and raised $3,240 for HIV/AIDS Organizations.

Last years ride was nothing like I expected, but was everything I needed. I met so many different people and heard so many different stories. I laughed and I cried, and in the end I found something inside me that I never knew I had. Please take a moment to click the link below to learn why I will ride again this year, and why I need your help to do it. There is also a ride map, information about where the money goes, and you can keep track of how much I raise, and how much more I have to go.

http://www.jadedcity.com/aidsride.php

All donations are tax deductible. So think of it like redirecting your tax money from special interests and pork projects to a good cause that benefits our community. Also check out the Jaded City Multimedia Blog for updates, contests, and other stuff related to the AIDS Ride. Wish me luck.

WEBMASTERS: Also, if any of you own or run a gay related online business and would like to sponsor my ride with a larger donation, I am willing to offer a 4 month exclusive sponsorship of my Podcast. The Jaded City Podcast averages over 4,000 downloads per episode with an average of 50 new listeners each week. You will be mentioned on each and every show between now and the end of August. That's 32 episodes in a row promoting your product, service, or website. In addition to that you will receive exclusive banner space on the Jaded City Blog. Did I mention it's tax deducible? Thanks.

wnc
    Thank you very much for what you do. I think AIDS has been generally forgotten since meds seem to extend life. THANK YOU.

Yup, but sadly that's all meds do is extend life. There still is no cure. I've been HIV poz for 3 years now. And having HIV is no walk in the park. Taking meds is not fun. I have a lot of young people that listen to my show so I hope to drive that message home to them. It's sad that we still need AIDS rides, but as long as there is a need, I will ride. Thanks for the comments.

wnc
    I had a lover that was POZ for a few years when he and I always had to be careful. He always looked after protecting me.

Has times changed... NO. People are forgetting.

thanks guys, we up to $240 in just a week. Only $3,260 left to go..