Thread: Image Curiosity

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Happy Image Curiosity

So I have been spending all day yesterday and this morning working on some images for a mainstream site, as well as for some updates on my own story site, and it got me thinking.

How many really bother anymore about the quality of the images they show on their sites? I am not talking paysites, but your free sites, mainstream sites if you have them.

Do you bother to crop them to fit your design and then insure they aren't too dark, too tiny? Do you add any text overlay to them, or do you just use some automated script to size, watermark, and dump onto a blank spot?

Curious if anyone bothers these days, and as to what actual programs one is using to resize, watermark their pictures? Given G Images, do you just dump your URL onto the photos or not even bother?

What about sponsor free stuff? Do you alter them to have your website URL or do the sponsors frown on that for you?

I am asking for two reasons, one simply because I needed a break from the boring work, second, its for an article I am writing and figured I'd get some other opinions to round out the piece.

:kickcan:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Gay is the new Black
    It's a matter of how half-ass you want to be with your projects.

When you say "Mainstream" what are you talking about? Could be anything from clothing, electronics and herbal diets to software, semi-nude posters and Hollywood movie reviews.

Maybe it's more of a question on your idea of quality or even your ability to produce something above the normal thinking of average. And then your passion in the project and ability to half-ass your way through it.

At the end of the day, it has your name on it.

I will always say - put your best behind something and over time, you get quicker at it as well as excel in your outcome.
    Be Who You Are!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Ian i know exactly what you mean.

When it came to getting the Evidence Wipe site designed we toyed with the idea of actually making it really nice and fancy with a bunch of pics from a stock photography site, Gary actually spent a good couple of hours trawling through Comstock and several other places trying to find some nice 'spyware' and 'security' type images and in the end, we just said fuck it and went with something that our designer threw together.

Im actually glad that we went that route though because it taught us a couple of things...

1) There really arent that many GOOD stock photos for spyware/security related software products and;

2) Our designer was great at putting a 'scheme' together for the site.

I think we tend to look at ways to improve image use when it comes to site design because we're conditioned in to thinking a site must have 'pics' on it for it to work, with Evidence Wipe we're finding that really isnt the case at all.

Regards,

Lee