Thread: So Im Gearing Up To Launch Some Straight Paysites

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So Im Gearing Up To Launch Some Straight Paysites

I have to say, its been an interesting learning experience so far, the differences between making a profitable gay paysite and a profitable straight paysite are significant.

Not only do you need a LOT more content for straight paysites to 'satisfy' the surfer, the size of the content has to be larger, the length and quality of the movies have to be larger and the amount of upsells you can offer needs to be a lot less than those on gay paysites.

Im going to be testing a couple of these new sites for the next month or two and giving them some final tweaking prior to publicly launching them but it should definately prove interesting once they launch fully to see just how different straight surfers are when compared to gay surfers, on reasonably comparable niches

How many of you folks have actually tried your hand at straight site promotion too btw? Im guessing not many which is something else that i have found interesting, more straight webmasters promote 'gay' sites than gay webmasters promote 'straight' no clue why this is the case but its what i have been told by several large straight programs with some token gay sites in their portfolio.

Regards,

Lee

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I have to say, its been an interesting learning experience so far, the differences between making a profitable gay paysite and a profitable straight paysite are significant.

Not only do you need a LOT more content for straight paysites to 'satisfy' the surfer, the size of the content has to be larger, the length and quality of the movies have to be larger and the amount of upsells you can offer needs to be a lot less than those on gay paysites.

Im going to be testing a couple of these new sites for the next month or two and giving them some final tweaking prior to publicly launching them but it should definately prove interesting once they launch fully to see just how different straight surfers are when compared to gay surfers, on reasonably comparable niches

How many of you folks have actually tried your hand at straight site promotion too btw? Im guessing not many which is something else that i have found interesting, more straight webmasters promote 'gay' sites than gay webmasters promote 'straight' no clue why this is the case but its what i have been told by several large straight programs with some token gay sites in their portfolio.

Regards,

Lee

Will they be exclusive?

good luck, we had 2 straight sites and they were bloody hard to sell. Conversions were only about 25% of our gay sites and members only stayed about 1/2 the time too. The only major advantage is that there is soooooo much str8 content out there and most of it is way cheaper than gay.

ps - make sure you post them here so we can check them out too, I still have a str8 network of sites and am always happy to promote your sites!

cheers,
    Luke