Thread: What clip sizes & dimensions are now standard?

What clip sizes & dimensions are now standard?

It used to be that 320x240 was roughly the right clip dimension with each clip 10-15 mb but lately I've been seeing larger clips and almost double the dimension.

Is there a new standard now for clip sizes and dimensions?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I don't know what's standard, but we're doing previews at 720x480 @ 500K, with clips of about 30 seconds each. Members area is 720x480@ 1Mbps; I haven't seen a lot of improvement between 1 and 1.5.

i don't see that there is a standard, really. in the last 20 reviews, sizes have been all over the map.

What is the average you've seen on quality sites?

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i don't see that there is a standard, really. in the last 20 reviews, sizes have been all over the map.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I don't know what's standard, but we're doing previews at 720x480 @ 500K, with clips of about 30 seconds each. Members area is 720x480@ 1Mbps; I haven't seen a lot of improvement between 1 and 1.5.
    Here I go with the aspect ratio confusion again.

But doesn't displaying your videos at 720x480 stretch out the video horizontally. Standard video is shot in a 4x3 aspect ratio hence the standard dimsensions of 320x240 and 640x480. Do your videos display black bars on the left and right of the video to maintain the proper aspect ratio?

We wanted our videos to display as large as possible with no borders, so I encode our videos at 720x540 which is a 4x3 aspect ratio.

And just so I'm not hijacking Squirt's thread here...

I think 640x480 is a pretty common new standard. But then I may be wrong about that. I've been wrong before.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    640x480 is 4x3, but I think it has to do with the shape of the pixels, which would affect the aspect ratio. The native size of the video that Premiere reports is 720x480, so we just render at that size...

i don't see many gay sites i'd consider true quality. gay quality site vids are usually lower in quality than str8 quality sites. in str8 non-HD quality sites, i'm seeing 640x480 or 720x480 at around 2000k. and you can really tell the difference from 1000k when they're encoded right. the newer braincash sites and videobox both offer a 2000k or better version of the videos as do others i've seen.

Xstr8guy - some camcorders shoot NTSN in 640x480, some in 720x480. i have one of each. also some people's camcorders shoot 720x480 but they encode in 640x480 or vise versa and everything looks a little wrong.

i don't see many gay sites i'd consider true quality. gay quality site vids are usually lower in quality than str8 quality sites. in str8 non-HD quality sites, i'm seeing 640x480 or 720x480 at around 2000k. and you can really tell the difference from 1000k when they're encoded right. the newer braincash sites and videobox both offer a 2000k or better version of the videos as do others i've seen.
    This is some really helpful information thanks!

Are they putting the whole movie in one file or breaking it up in clips? If they are breaking it up in clips, how long are the clips, or what file size?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

braincash's new sites only offer the highest quality as a full video. videobox has a feature where you create your own clips. a site i write for offers both full video and 2 minute clips. i've also seen a couple that offer high quality at full and 4 - 5 minute clips. there's no real quorum here.

braincash's new sites only offer the highest quality as a full video. videobox has a feature where you create your own clips. a site i write for offers both full video and 2 minute clips. i've also seen a couple that offer high quality at full and 4 - 5 minute clips. there's no real quorum here.
    I have a better idea of where I'm going to go with videos moving forward. Great source of information there Basschick thanks :thumbsup:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I have a better idea of where I'm going to go with videos moving forward. Great source of information there Basschick thanks :thumbsup:
    Yes, very informative thread as I re-design my site videos.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    we didn't like the "standard" vids we saw out there when we were beginning to encode - so we opted to go from our originals (rather than dvd's) - which bumped up the quality over others (out of the gate)

we do 640x480 / 1,000, 512's and 112's - full videos and 5 minute clips - we - offering three speeds so that everyone can watch - broad band to dial-up

a think that members like a choice

we haven't had any complaints (yet)