Thread: Vending at LA Pride 2007: Erotic City

Working hard to dominate the gay adult industry. JamesXR's Avatar

Vending at LA Pride 2007: Erotic City

Hey Everyone, James with www.BoyzShop.com here looking for some experience and wisdom.
    We're going to be at LA Pride 2007, Vending in the Erotic City section. We're going to try to also be at the Carnal Carnival on Friday night. This is my first time doing this so I'm looking for advice and experiences, as well as suggestions on what toys you really buy, because we carry everything you could imagine, and some you forgot to imagine.
    Keep in mind, I am a straight vanilla dude with a massive inventory of kinky toys to choose from for the event. So rather than pretend I know what's going on I'm looking for good solid advice from the community. I may be a straight vanilla guy, but I can put myself in any mindset, and I'm looking to refine my gay point of view. We're already expecting this event to be crazy fun, but I'm looking for anything I can use to make it better.
    Also, who will be there? Who can I expect to stop by?

Yes, I also appealed for help on gaymainstreet. I'm looking for all the input I can get.
    JamesXR
    Affiliate Relations for www.BoyZShop.com
    Yes, I do have what you're looking for.

Madame0120
    Be early for set up - assume you can't move your car.
    Park one car in the non vendor area
    Starting bank of no less than 300.00 of singles and 5s
    Sunblock
    Water
    Rolls of TP
    Pop Up Wipes
    Guest Book
    Sale Book
    SWAG
    Staple Gun
    Office SUpplies
    Tarp

Price all your items w/ sales tax included
    Do not over pack and remember how hot it will be, when you pack those dildos.

But most of all .. have fun!

Working hard to dominate the gay adult industry. JamesXR's Avatar
    Thanks Madame, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Why the staple gun and tarp though?
    Also, I'm assuming you've been to one of these before. What is the most common swag that won't stand out and should be avoided. I'd assume pens, anything else you can think of?
    JamesXR
    Affiliate Relations for www.BoyZShop.com
    Yes, I do have what you're looking for.

Madame0120
    If I were to guess- more than 100 as a vendor. From goat roasts to music festivals, selling kids toys and glow in the dark products, I enjoyed doing them for more than 8 years.

As for swag, I wouldn't do pens. Too easy to loose and apt to malfunction in heat.

What's your expected gate, and budget?

What does your contract prohibit?

You might do better with a "lost leader" to sell, rather than give-way an item.

Staple gun cause it can repair most anything and can be used to secure a tarp, incase of bad weather. Mind you, when I vended I carried more than those few things, but those were the ones I cussed when ever they were forgotten.

• Business Cards
    • Duct tape
    • tie downs
    • roap
    • table covers
    • change aprons - you hold main bank - helpers start with a 50$ bank - collect every hour- it never hurts to know the location of a branch of your bank, and arrange for a cash deposit bag.
    • chairs
    • cooler w/ water
    • fruit
    • change of cloths & shoes
    • Tool Kit
    • First Aid Kit
    • Side Kick/Wing Man

You are going to have a BLAST! Our last show was in Arcadia, Oklahoma, where it was 106 for 10 hours and I spent the day with an ice pack on my neck.

Sigh ..

It sucks to get old.