Thread: UAFA Reintroduced in U.S. Congress please write

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar

UAFA Reintroduced in U.S. Congress please write

Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY) and Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) reintroduced the Uniting American Families Act today into the U.S. Congress. The bill would allow citizens and legal residents in same-sex relationships to sponsor their partner for immigration purposes.

Tell Congress to pass the UAFA.

"Dividing loving families, simply because they are gay or lesbian, is un-American," says Immigration Equality Director Rachel B. Tiven. "We call on Congress to end the very real separation that thousands of same-sex couples and their families must endure because of this unequal treatment by our immigration system."

Give Same-Sex Couples the Same Immigration Rights!
    By writing your lawmakers today, you bring us one step closer to equal immigration rights, so citizens can sponsor their same-sex partners for immigration.

No more separation. No more deportation. No more fear.

Tell Congress to pass the UAFA.

Please pass this around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gay is the new Black
    I don't see why this doesn't just get tossed into a bill that will be passed without question.

Like the Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act that was placed into the Amber Act by Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT)

"the Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act allows the government to prosecute owners and promoters of places, including nightclubs, who hold an event for the purpose of using or distributing illegal drugs"

And we all know "the Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act" has EVERYTHING to do with finding lost children.
    Be Who You Are!

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    I think thats what going to happen sooner or later, their is no way this can stand on its own, to many bigots red necks and crackers running this government!

Camper than a row of tents
    I feel for you, but this would never fly. It works for straight couples because marriage is involved. How do you prove that the American and the foreigner are actually gay life partners? The abuse of such a system would be widespread.
    I post here to whore this sig.

well matt thats easy, if you are married in a driffrent country that counts. Or if you can prove that you have been living together.

Camper than a row of tents
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    well matt thats easy, if you are married in a driffrent country that counts. Or if you can prove that you have been living together.
    No, being married in another country doesn't count. Not yet. There are still debates on whether gay marriages or civil unions from places in the US where they are legal should be valid in places where they are not. If we can't even recognize our own unions across the country, it's not going to happen with foreign unions.

And if you are going to prove that two gay men have just been living together, then straight unmarried couples would demand the same right.
    I post here to whore this sig.

How do you prove that the American and the foreigner are actually gay life partners?
    they are married in anther country
    they are married in states that have civil unions
    they are linked together throw credit cards and leases

The uniting families act would just change a few words in the INS codes, and would become permanent partners.

Thats what the Federal law would call gay marriage permanent partners and please sign a letter and help get this passed

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    won't be much different than now

how do a man and a woman, one of whom is foreign, prove they are married for real? they don't, or they ask them random questions about each other while sitting in separate rooms

Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    won't be much different than now

how do a man and a woman, one of whom is foreign, prove they are married for real? they don't, or they ask them random questions about each other while sitting in separate rooms

Thats easy when you get married you get a marriage Lic. from the other country. You can also prove money ties to each other, bank accounts and credit cards.

You see with us, we have a joint account, joint credit cards, same address on ur drivers Lic. He is even on my corp. pappers. Also everyone up and down the block know we are a gay couple. Along with that we have pictures of us together. Oh also erics name is on some of the bills.

""If a person is found to have entered into a fraudulent permanent partnership for the purposes of obtaining a visa for another person, they will be subject to the same five year maximum imprisonment, or $250,000 maximum fine, or both, as a person who contracts a fraudulent marriage would.""

And you know they will check