Thread: Happy 12th Birthday Badpuppy

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. lisa's Avatar

Happy 12th Birthday Badpuppy

May 17, 2007 - Badpuppy celebrates it 12th birthday, that's 84 in dog years!

Formed in 1995, the Badpuppy (www.badpuppy.com) site - which has become a household name for thrill-seeking Web surfers searching for the hottest in gay content, turned 12 today.

"Badpuppy turning 12 is a very wonderful feeling," says Badpuppy CEO Bill Pinyon. The longevity and success we've enjoyed I contribute to my life partner Steven Wojcik and the incredible staff we have, whereas a good number of them have been with us for 10 years or longer. Having very little turn over and the incredible relationship and support we all share plays a huge role in what we've accomplished and where we go from here.

To think it all started in early 1995 as a hobby, based out of my bedroom from a single computer which was an Intel 486 based computer. Maybe it had a 40 megabyte (not gigabyte) hard drive and if it had 640k of memory we were lucky. There was no Internet for home use at the time so it was controlled thru a 1200 Baud Modem and the software that controlled it was Wildcat BBS. To be able to realize that it has grown into the huge high tech network it has, simply put, " takes my breath away "!

Marketing & Advertising Manager Lisa Turner described what is known as the WAR Room as being rather impressive upon entrance. We now have 2 - OC-3 lines connecting us to the INTERNET. Each line is capable of 155 Mbps (total 310 Mbps -- FULL duplex). We currently are utilizing about 50% of capacity. The 2 OC-3 lines are connected via an AccuRing OC-12 from our building to AT&T. This means, if the Fiber line gets CUT, our traffic is automatically rerouted to the other part of the ring - results - we do NOT go down.

We also have a 85-KW generator, larger than several cars and some trucks on the market, which will power the entire building incase of power failure. We have fuel onsite to last for 4 days without having to refuel.

Turner boasts that back in 2004 when 4 major hurricanes crossed our path in Florida, during one of the storms power in the area was out for 9 days and thanks to our trusty generator, Badpuppy never went down! As a matter of fact, half the employees, their loved ones and pets were sheltered from the
    storm here at Badpuppy and many remained until power was back on in their homes.

All of our servers are DELL PowerEdge servers - the newer servers are PE2950 with 2 dual core processors @ 3.0 GHz. All run Microsoft OS W2K3 - the OS sees a total of 8 - 3.0 GHz cpus due to the Hyperthreading. Every server has a disk configuration of RAID-5 and the servers have 2 - 1 Gbps NIC cards.

This all makes for fast response to customer's requests of the web sites and fast sites make for happy, long term members.

Compiled with the above "We continue to offer a huge amount of diverse content," Turner promises. "There's something for everyone." Because the members enjoy multiple content updates every day, around the clock and can contact our customer support team 24/7, it makes Badpuppy stand out from all of the rest.

Pinyon laughs when he thinks back to a time when he thought Badpuppy might be a bad idea and says today that he couldn't be happier with Badpuppy's success and longevity. "Every single day I remember where I came from and am thankful for everything that I have. It has taken a lot of work and patience, but if I had to do it over again, I would.

Both Pinyon and Turner hint that bigger things are on the way for Badpuppy and its sister site, Video-on-Demand company Dog Gone Video (www.doggonevideo.com) We look forward to seeing what our lucky 13th birthday will bring!

Last but not least, We'd like to offer our thanks not only to our members past and present, but a world of thanks to the entire industry for the support we've been shown over the last 12 years! We look forward to much more together in the future!

happy birthday & congrats!

ps...love the "that's 84 in dog years!" comment