Thread: can anyone recommend a good hosting company in the Los Angeles area?

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar

can anyone recommend a good hosting company in the Los Angeles area?

a friend of mine is looking for a good hosting company in the greater los angeles area. any recommendations?
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Corey Bryant
    We actually used Calpop for about three years. We leased a server from them and were quite happy. (We recently moved to another data center - nothing to do with Calpop's service - just when we sold the hosting company last year, the company that bought it, was fantastic and we decided to switch to him.)

How long have you been gay?
    Hello Haganxy,

Just curious why the facility needs to be in LA, are you strictly looking for a colocation facility?

Unless you are looking for a colocation facility and are planning to visit the server frequently, it probably won't make much of a difference as to the geographic location of the server (if it is a game server then the hops might be important).

Here is a link from Caro.Net to test the speed from the east coast Caro.Net Download Speed Test! !

Sigh, if you really have to have a facility on the West coast then you might talk to Poppy at Jupiter.
    Mark M, 727-433-0745
    MMemmer@CaroHosting.com Support is everything!
    ICQ# 40467849, AIM MMemmer333

I can offer you Atlanta, is that close enough? if yes, email or pm me.

cheers,
    Luke

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    thanks for the info. i'm going to talk to my friend. i am pretty sure he wants something co-located. i think he is going to be transferring tons of data and he would like to go over and plug-in external hard drives or something. i don't really know. maybe he just wants to go over and hug the machine once in a while...i have no idea.

thanks for all the input though!
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

colo

Hagan,

In California we have two data centers, one for our e-commerce customers and the other for high bandwidth users. But they are both in San Diego. A bit far if you need access.

But if you tell me (off list) what you need as far as bandwidth pipes, management and monitoring, and anything else you may need I can check with a few friends that know the marketing in LA a bit more and can suggest a good one that has been there for awhile.

Although we would love to have you I understand the need to have your server handy if you have lots of data to transfer. Unless you are lucky to have a 100Mbps + connection at your office.

Even though, a 100Mbps connection has come down a lot (in most areas).

Steven
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook