Thread: Hosting

wnc

Hosting

I was one of those that was hosted long ago by LikeWhoa. I am sure many threads were created here in GWW, before my arrival, as that hosting company eventually overspent and over-promised.

Chilihost had been written about here with glowing comments, most importantly with his personal customer service.

I had years ago looked at NatNet. Years ago their prices were high and they refused a full traceroute to any site hosted. I and many knew they were located in Atlanta, Georgia USA. I did not host with NATNET for their being secretive and hiding.

After looking at many hosts, via their locations and links to the internet, in 2003 I contracted with WebAir. I know Lee, as the host of this forum dislikes WebAir and does many others.

I laughingly recall posts here in GWW about a website name purchased... directly in competition of NationalNet. All hosting politics.

Finding the right host is the most difficult decision for a new webmaster.

Recently some have written here at GWW that the transfer from Chili to new NATNET owners has not been as smooth as expected.

Meanwhile, I remain with webair. They solve my dedicated server problems when I have a rare need. I will admit that working with WEBAIR support takes practice - have a verbal S/M heavy whip ready to strike. They run and get someone that solves. Bang Done Simple.

It sounds like you've found a good host there.

I can't give enough praise to Phatservers.

Seems like there are at least a couple good hosting options out there. It's nice to have variety.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

wnc, yes, I am the first to admin there were a few rocky paths traversed with the whole chilihost/nationalnet integration, mainly because of some required server moves. But I believe that every one of these issues have been handled with the utmost importance by not only me, but also the top guys at NationalNet who have gone out of their way to help. I believe that all the issues have been solved and clients are now provided with more service than I was ever able to offer them with 24x7 phone and helpdesk support, extended monitoring and a team of experts to assist instead of just lil ol me

If you were looking at NationalNet previously but the price put you off, please contact me with your hosting requirements (bandwidth, disk space, etc). Inow have the ability to offer some outstanding specials.

You can email me on sales@chilihost.com or PM or ICQ me on 118860760. Looking forward to hearing from you!

cheers,
    Luke

wnc
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I can't give enough praise to Phatservers.
    Seems this thread should have comments about hosts, pro and con. Please tell us why you like PhatServers Squirt.