Thread: Spyware Maker Sues Anti-Spyware Maker

Spyware Maker Sues Anti-Spyware Maker

"An 'online media company' Zango, which gained notoriety for redirecting adult affiliate traffic and the first ever MySpace worm, is now suing the anti-spyware vendor PC Tools, maker of an application called 'Spyware Doctor', for removing Zango applications off the consumers' PCs. 'According to a posting on a blog called Spamnotes.com, Zango is seeking at least $35 million in damages, alleging that Spyware Doctor removes Zango's software without warning users that it will be deleted. The lawsuit was filed Tuesday in King County Superior Court in Seattle, according to Spamnotes.com. Formerly known as 180solutions, Zango is trying to clean up its tarnished reputation. In November it paid $3 million to settle U.S. Federal Trade Commission charges that its software was being installed deceptively on PCs.'" FULL STORY

-----------------

Do you think Zango has a chance in hell of winning this case?

After them having to pay $3million to the feds for deceptive practices it makes them suing a company that deletes the installation seem, well... ignorant. Am I missing something here?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

In US is everything possible :crazy: (sorry, guys) ...
    I´m so happy, I´m living in Europe.
    Jirka
    -----------------

After them having to pay $3million to the feds for deceptive practices it makes them suing a company that deletes the installation seem, well... ignorant. Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asvictims View Post

After them having to pay $3million to the feds for deceptive practices it makes them suing a company that deletes the installation seem, well... ignorant. Am I missing something here?
    I don't think they will win, but you can sue anyone for just about anything here.
    ICQ# 200-385-093