Thread: Stupid Link List Rules

Dzinerbear

Stupid Link List Rules

I just read a post on Greenguy, some link list owner was giving everyone a "what not to do" lecture about big text or pictures on your warning page. I just wanted to groan ... it seems to me that the link lists with the most stupid rules are the ones who don't send any traffic.

So what's your favourite stupid link list submission rule?

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The most stupid rules are the ones where you have to have a minimum of 50 pics.. Thats not a free site, its an AVS/AEN without an AVS/AEN script.

Regards,

Lee

I hate ones that say to put their shitty low-traffic recip button on a page with 7 other high traffic recip buttons....like, yeah, that makes sense!

Dzinerbear
    I hate the ones that have 45 niche driven text links that scam two links out of you. "If you submit a twink site and don't use the twink link, I'll reject you."

Bite Me.

Michael

I'm trying to figure out some linksite owners saying you can't have banner ads on the warning page now ... say what??????? The warning page is major sales real estate!

Dzinerbear
    I think that was because some freesite builders were going overboard with their ads.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    I think that was because some freesite builders were going overboard with their ads.

Michael
    Ok, so tell em they're excessive, don't make some rule for EVERYONE because of a few idiots.

so many sites quickly forget that they would not exist without webmasters providing content / design / bandwidth for them in the form of submitted sites.

Dzinerbear
    Yes, and when I come across a link list with all kinds of pissy rules, I usually just roll my eyes and leave. I'm too busy to jump through your hoops, so you can do without my business.

Michael

Dzinerbear
    How about the ones who tell you that you have to capitalize the first one in the title, or not capitalize the first word in the title?

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I'm trying to figure out some linksite owners saying you can't have banner ads on the warning page now ... say what??????? The warning page is major sales real estate!
    Actually Bec, it isnt, thats a misconception.

On free sites, the best sales page, is the page beween the warning page and the navigation page, but a lot of link lists actually put rules up stopping that because they realized the submitters were making more sales than they were LOL

Regards,

Lee