Thread: Okay so now that we're done with blogs ...

Dzinerbear

Okay so now that we're done with blogs ...

What's the next big thing? Review sites and blogs went nuts pretty much at the same time, so they should be peaking soon, if they haven't already. So what's next?

Michael

Good question, especially with new laws really putting a pinch on what some of us can do to generate traffic type hub sites. But I disagree that blogs are peaking ... it's still one of the best things I've found for pushing around traffic, and I think as more people become aware of rss feeds and readers, the demand will be even higher than it is now for good ones.

Dzinerbear
    Well I've been noticing a decline in blog sales. Used to be I could put up a blog and get sales right away, not so hot any more. A lot more shopping around. But I agree, still great traffic grabbers. It just be nice for once to catch something on the way up ...

Michael

blogs are still very hot, but I think that blog consolidators and something that delivers exactly what surfers want to their desktop will be hot. Also, something that offers more interactivity asides from just posting feedback.

Dzinerbear
    I've been playing with a couple of really niche specific blogs and the results are encouraging.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    I've been playing with a couple of really niche specific blogs and the results are encouraging.

Michael

I agree that focusing on niches is a good approach. It's pretty much the same for the paysite arena, the niche and micro niches are performing better than just general content sites.

Are blogs really done ? I thought they seemed to be morphing fairly well
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

TheWhack
    Blogs I dont think will peak for years. More people are becoming aware of them and it will only continue to grow. I don't think it will ever really die off.

I have a couple ideas for a new site to be more interactive with surfers, but I can't say my ideas or else I would have to kill you. And I am jus too nice to be able to do something like that.

yeah , I think you guys are spot on! Blogs will continue to evolve and will adapt more multimedia formats and will rule the web for years.