Thread: Upsells And Member Retention...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Upsells And Member Retention...

Okay a day or two back i asked about what upsells inside a members area paysite owners were currently using, the reason for this is that for the last month and a half, i removed every upsell inside the Condom Cash sites to see just how much upsells affected retention and, im now ready to report on my findings after re-adding them to the members areas.

As far as i can tell, retention is affected at all by upsells, whether you have them and choose to make some additional revenue from inside your members areas or not, members are either going to rebill, or they arent.

Additionally, i had 1 member send an email asking me where he could find the PPV site he joined a couple of weeks ago from inside the members area, because it had 'moved' from where it used to be in the members area itself.

What i will say, in respect of upsells having an affect on retention is that, when used responsibly inside a site, upsells can add to a paysite owners bottom line profits whilst enhancing the experience of the member at the same time however, im sure, as with many other things in the adult industry, upsells have, can and will be abused, which im sure does nothing to help a members paysite experience, especially if all they can see in the members area are upsells.

So, there we have my experiences with upsells and without upsells, the bottom line however, is that by removing all upsells from within the sites, the last months profits on the sites are currently down about $200.

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    interesting numbers... i think you are on to something though.. If used right and focused on the right products upsells will not really hurt retention.. However if you plaster the members area with upsells then it will make your site look "cheap" and probaby hurt the retention unless you have a really unique product ...

just amazed that the difference isnt bigger.. how big a % does upsell total of the month revanue ?