View Poll Results: How Long Have You Been An Adult Webmaster?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less Than 1 Year

2 4.55%
  • 1 To 3 Years

8 18.18%
  • 3 To 5 Years

4 9.09%
  • 5 To 7 Years

6 13.64%
  • 7 To 9 Years

14 31.82%
  • Over 9 Years

10 22.73%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Have You Been An Adult Webmaster?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Long Have You Been An Adult Webmaster?

I just wondered how long everyone had been working the adult industry so figured a poll would be interesting to see how long the GWW Community members have been around.

Also, based on how long you have been in the industry, what is the 1 thing, positive or negative, that you think has shaped you and your business over the years?

Ive been around for about 9 years this fall and i think the one thing that i realized very early on in the business (within months) that has really helped me out is realizing that people cant be trusted, even those that you consider friends.

For this reason, id say there are probably 10 people industry wide that i consider true 'friends' who i could literally trust with my life, or my life savings.

Regards,

Lee

the queerest straight girl in the world...
    Wow. Thats cynical Lee.

I have been screwed twice - but I have been helped out - by perfect strangers - more times than I could even count.

Ounique
    Since i was 18 so about 10 years. give or take.
    I don't trust my familly that much, but as far as people it is what it is.
    some people ar euntrustworth other's arn't

take a chance i say.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun View Post
    Wow. Thats cynical Lee.
    Its truthfull

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    How long? Too Long :kickcan: and yeah, I agree with Lee, it's not easy to find people who are, who they say there are. And it just seems to get worse each year :crybaby:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Ounique
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    . And it just seems to get worse each year :crybaby:

Some of it (very little) is beacuse i think maybe enough of us arn't setting a good example.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Miami Internext 2004 was my entrance to the business.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I've been an adult webmaster 7 years now.

In 7 years I've been screwed twice, but more times then I can count has someone tried to screw me over and not succeed.

It's just part of any business.

A positive thing that's shaped my business over the years is the unconditional help I received from John at Fratmen when I first entered the industry. Thanks John :thumbsup:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I have been an adult for longer than 9 years and have been a webmaster for longer than 9 years too but I did the official switch to adult webmaster work about 7 years ago now.

As for "people can't be trusted", I tend to trust them in a business perspective until they prove me wrong. Maybe I am just too nice a guy!

11 years next month.

no one thing really sharpened us. i'd have to say that it's more cummulative.

Making Pain Pay!
    I have been producing adult videos for DVD's since 2000, but have only been a "paysite webmaster" for a little over a year.

I would have to agree with Lee that it is hard to forge friendships and alliances with people you can trust.

There are only a handfull of people I have met in this industry that I would trust to watch my dogs, let alone with my life or life savings. That doesn't mean that they don't exist...but it is HARDER in this industry that others.

I used to wonder if that was because this industry attracted a 'different' sort of people...but now I just know that most people are assholes.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

I'd rather be whole, than good
    Industry induced grey hair would have been another relevant measure....

padabum
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    I used to wonder if that was because this industry attracted a 'different' sort of people...but now I just know that most people are assholes.
    thats 4 sure tropixxx. i will sign that as well. i am in the business since 1998. and we damn had to spend loads of learning dollars on loads of assholes.

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    Cam and I shot our first "scene" in 1999 for Paul Barressi in a film for Pleasure Productions (a straigtht company) entitled BONERFIDE STUDS - we then followed with 20 scenes for other companies in the following two years in spite of EVERYONE (except Paul) telling us that we could never shoot more than one scene together because...

we were too old, lovers, and NOBODY had ever shot more than ONE scene with the same person

I think we've made history.... and shown that you can do anything in this business if you put your minds and some elbow grease and some "hard" work into it....

and you can even do it as barebackers for Christ's sake.... shame, shame, shame.... on us for showing that WE can do it...!

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I sold my first VHS tape thru an ad in Playgirl in 1993.

I put up my first website in 1995.