Thread: Define site success

Richard Craver

Define site success

how would u guys define success for a website in this industry?

especially one just starting out now? how many members? in what time frame? what retention rate? etc

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    IMHO there are to many variables to give a solid answer.

The best i can say is, if you are making more than the site costs you to operate you are doing well

Growth rates can vary from between 10-25% a month so if your growth rate is within that id say you were doing something right

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!

Good Question.

I would define sucess by the ability to support itself.

For instance, my site, www.tropixxxvip.com, has under 200 members. But that is enough for me to scrape by each month, create new content, and avoid having to get a "real job". (Although I do teach Final Cut Pro every other semester at a college.)

I am not rich, nor am I doing well as compared to many others on this board. But my members pay all the bills for the site, and for my meager lifestyle. So in my eyes, that is a success.

I plan to take what I have learned in the last year, and build an even better site.

As far as retention goes, more than 1/2 of my members have been members for 10 months or more. So I am getting good rebills.

Now that I have finally learned the "basics" I can polish my site, my content, and make a program that people would be proud to promote.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Richard Craver
    lee

good old economics 101... if your income is greater than your fixed costs....

it's just that there are a lot of good 'mega' sites out there and then there just so much dreck.

i was think of a good niche site that has a lot going for it like clowns
    or along the lines of armpits.com